Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Renews Topps' exclusive license through 2020.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Howard is an idiot!
”Since making Topps our exclusive baseball card licensee, they have continually validated that decision by bringing clarity to the marketplace and reinvigorating the hobby, especially among young people,” said Howard Smith, senior vice president, Licensing, Major League Baseball. “Generations of baseball fans have grown more attached to the game through collecting baseball cards, and Topps is continually coming up with new and creative ways to reach the next generation.”

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
Howard is an idiot!
”Since making Topps our exclusive baseball card licensee, they have continually validated that decision by bringing clarity to the marketplace and reinvigorating the hobby, especially among young people,” said Howard Smith, senior vice president, Licensing, Major League Baseball. “Generations of baseball fans have grown more attached to the game through collecting baseball cards, and Topps is continually coming up with new and creative ways to reach the next generation.”

Howard Smith is obviously not a card collector. We all lose with this news.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Well, I am pretty much done with baseball with this news. I cannot believe that they continually spit in the face of their fans like this-it truly is mind boggling. I guess I'm going to go to football full-time.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Howard is an idiot!

This is such a load of xxxx.

I really hope that someone at the summit calls out Topps for their complete lack of knowledgeable customer service reps, the huge wait times trying to reach these people that have no idea what they are talking about, and the ever increasing percent of redemption that go unfulfilled.

While I think that Topps should have a license, this really made me sad to read that they will be the only one until 2020. It makes me wish I had contacted MLB even though they wouldn't have listened to me anyway.

This is such a load of xxxx.

I really hope that someone at the summit calls out Topps for their complete lack of knowledgeable customer service reps, the huge wait times trying to reach these people that have no idea what they are talking about, and the ever increasing percent of redemption that go unfulfilled.

While I think that Topps should have a license, this really made me sad to read that they will be the only one until 2020. It makes me wish I had contacted MLB even though they wouldn't have listened to me anyway.

THIS! 100% True!!!

MLB you suck!

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
thefatguy-albums-site-sigs-picture4466-barf.jpg

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
sucks Topps is not in Vegas at the Summit.
I honestly feel like they are smart enough to not be there, there is nothing that they could do that would elicit a positive response from the crowd. I think it goes without saying that there are the worst company for sports cards there is as far as a customer service standpoint.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Who cares? I buy cards, and not licenses or logos.

A card company doesn't need a license to be successful or to have great product.

Furthermore, MLB licensing doesn't mean much when anyone could be shown as a MLB player.

Members online

Latest posts