Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Moving Towards Expanded Playoffs (10 Teams) for 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2 ... k2%7C57763

With both sides expressing support for adding two playoff teams in 2012, negotiators for baseball players and owners are considering having the new wild-card round be best-of-3 or winner-take-all.
In the new format, the two wild cards in each league would meet, and the winners would advance to the following round against division winners.

I think that it is a good way of expanding the playoffs, while still keeping it hard to make the playoffs. Still, I have to imagine it is going to be really hard for a wild card team to win a World Series. If they have to win the 1st round just to meet the division winner, they will they have to use their best pitching and will open the next series with a pitcher from the middle of their rotation. Not to mention it is more games they have to win to get to the Series. Opinions?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Re: Expanded Playoffs (10 Teams) Coming in 2012

Anything less than a 7 game series.....stupid.....

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Re: Expanded Playoffs (10 Teams) Coming in 2012

Is this confirmed? I know they are tossing this around but if this is still in the works you should change the topic title.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
they are saying on sportcenter that it will happen next year, they just dont know if it will be a 1 game or 3 game series

A 1 game series would be rather epic, but it still really hurts the wild card team for the next round.

Members online

Latest posts