Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Hey guys. New member here - just signed up today. I recognize some of your names from other sites. Love this thread!! I am a huge Larkin collector, I'll post some of my rare 90's cards, but I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this variations I just picked up from 1998 Pinnacle Plus:

First one has Larkin side as foil:
98PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle4AlexRodriguez-BarryLarkinLarkinSideisFoil.jpg

98PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle4AlexRodriguez-BarryLarkinLarkinSideisFoilBack.jpg

Second one had AROD side as foil:
98PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle4Front.jpg

98PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle4Back.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Nice set to follow.........theres 2 gold ones like that also with foil of each player, then theres 1 Mirror Gold so a total of 5 cards in that insert set
pinnplus.jpg

1998teampinnacleGOLD.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
welcome to the site!

here's an example of the 4 of the 5 variations Magic mentioned. I'm missing the Gold version with I-Rod foil.

Base with Piazza foil:
PiazzaMike_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnaclefoil_mergedIRod.jpg

Base with I-Rod foil:
PiazzaMike_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle_mergedIRod.jpg

Gold with Piazza foil:
PiazzaMike_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacleGoldfoil_mergedIRod.jpg

Mirror gold (only 1 version of the card, the mirror side is the "front" of the card)
PiazzaMike_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacleMirror_merged.jpg

katieneack said:
Hey guys. New member here - just signed up today. I recognize some of your names from other sites. Love this thread!! I am a huge Larkin collector, I'll post some of my rare 90's cards, but I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this variations I just picked up from 1998 Pinnacle Plus:

First one has Larkin side as foil:
98PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle4AlexRodriguez-BarryLarkinLarkinSideisFoil.jpg

98PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle4AlexRodriguez-BarryLarkinLarkinSideisFoilBack.jpg

Second one had AROD side as foil:
98PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle4Front.jpg

98PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle4Back.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Thanks for the info guys - I didn't realize there was that many variations in this insert set. I still need the other 3 variations of Larkin. I wasn't collecting back in the late 90's, so i am still trying to pick up a lot of these rare variations. I have never seen the Larkin Gold or Mirror cards for sale yet, but I'm sure they will pop up eventually.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
On the Larkin one, the Mirror side would be AROD, as its said that the AL Player is the Mirror side

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
winbigwoody said:
Damn that sucks..I just jumped on it ASAP..didnt have time to look deeper..im gonna contact the seller..I dont want it now...thanks guys.
Yeah, true.
Who would only want the base card for $6 instead of the $200-$300 card for $6. :lol: :lol:

Trying putting the safety on next time before firing... ;)

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
katieneack said:
Hey guys. New member here - just signed up today. I recognize some of your names from other sites. Love this thread!! I am a huge Larkin collector, I'll post some of my rare 90's cards, but I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this variations]
Hey, welcome to the board. Thanks again for the Padres and Larkin card you sent me from our deal on beckett.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
PadresFan86 said:
katieneack said:
Hey guys. New member here - just signed up today. I recognize some of your names from other sites. Love this thread!! I am a huge Larkin collector, I'll post some of my rare 90's cards, but I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this variations]
Hey, welcome to the board. Thanks again for the Padres and Larkin card you sent me from our deal on beckett.

No problem - I thought I saw the Larkin I sold you posted in this thread a little ways back. Looks like you've picked up quite a few nice 90's cards lately. Are you the one that ended up winning that Larkin diffractor the other day by any chance?

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I think that was a common belief, but the Piazza is the mirror side on his card and he is NL.

From the few cards that I have seen, the mirror side is whatever player Pinnacle put on the front (ie, the pinnacle trademark info and copyright and card number are on the back, which is not mirror). On the Piazza card, they put I-Rod on the back, so even though he is the AL player it is not the mirror side.

that aside, with the Larkin/ARod it looks like Larkin is the back, so Arod is the front and hence mirror side = it will be a tough card to find!

magicpapa said:
On the Larkin one, the Mirror side would be AROD, as its said that the AL Player is the Mirror side

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
gradedeflator said:
I think that was a common belief, but the Piazza is the mirror side on his card and he is NL.

From the few cards that I have seen, the mirror side is whatever player Pinnacle put on the front (ie, the pinnacle trademark info and copyright and card number are on the back, which is not mirror). On the Piazza card, they put I-Rod on the back, so even though he is the AL player it is not the mirror side.

that aside, with the Larkin/ARod it looks like Larkin is the back, so Arod is the front and hence mirror side = it will be a tough card to find!

magicpapa said:
LOL, yes I remember that mystery was posted awhile back, I'm sure I read what I read on the Internet, so I assumed it was true... hehe

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
PadresFan86 said:
katieneack said:

No problem - I thought I saw the Larkin I sold you posted in this thread a little ways back. Looks like you've picked up quite a few nice 90's cards lately. Are you the one that ended up winning that Larkin diffractor the other day by any chance?
Yup, that was it. I didn't win the diffractor. Someone outbid me at the last second.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Be8el0ve said:
Good month for super rare Jeter cards up for auction. First it was the 1997 SPx - Grand Finale 3 weeks ago. This week you have a 1996 Select Certifed - Mirror Gold and a 1996 Studio - Silver Press Proof. Thank God I have all three so I can put my feet up and just watch. :D

$(KGrHqJHJCQE8+1edTTpBPY!bJk!Og~~60_58.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... true&rt=nc

$(KGrHqJ,!jQE8Jc0!)3+BPJz-!c7ww~~60_58.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140735829459?ss ... 1423.l2649

$(KGrHqJHJFEE9182BNg9BPgM0pM5pg~~60_1.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270952502602?ss ... 1423.l2649
It's Fun to just Watch ............. huh :D

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I am surprised there wasn't more action on the 1994 Upper Deck Jumbo All-Star Golds that ended tonight. Did a Ripken really go w/out a bid @ 99 cents?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Gwynn545 said:
I am surprised there wasn't more action on the 1994 Upper Deck Jumbo All-Star Golds that ended tonight. Did a Ripken really go w/out a bid @ 99 cents?

Do they normally get much action?

Members online

Latest posts