Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT - Anyone ever go to the PSA forums?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
First off, don't even bother responding to this if you don't know anything about Felix Potvin and his hobby status, because you will be lost. I have to say, I feel like a smart kid that accidentally stepped onto the short-bus over there and everyone is just staring at me with a jealous hatred. Can anyone read the thread I started and honestly say that I deserve the types of responses I got??? And for the record, about ten different people created "mock" threads about my topic in some lame attempt at humor. I only went there because I have gotten more into vintage, but they seem to have about ten or so morons that like to attack new posters and run them off. I am actually starting to become amused by it. Thank GOD for FCB!

http://forums.collectors.com/messagevie ... did=754557

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I read those boards every day for years, but topics would often get stale quickly with little new discussion, and few new people after the registry phenomenon cooled off. I still read regularly, every couple weeks, and while there's a lot of new posters, many of them are more apt to post silly stuff more than 'serious' responses. I suggest not worrying about it. Sometimes things just catch on and people run with it. No point being offended. There's no right answer anyway, though the mentions of Strawberry are maybe most apt. Great promise, lots of hype, resurrecting a popular franchise, some very bright moments, ultimately lackluster overall.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
A lot of idiots over there and there definitely is a "wolf pack" of about 10 regulars there with their off-beat humor that only they understand.

I used to frequent there, but now only go over there when looking for advice. There are a lot of knowledgable people over there and a lot of them are good people.
I bet it's the same 10 people you are talking about that have been hanging there for years in their little groove.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It somewhat looks like the first responder had something to say reguarding past dealings with you? Then obviously the thread spirled in to somewhat of a comical +1. Just laugh it off....

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Nothing but morons over there that think they are funny. Don't let it bother you. I used to be on there exclusively but left because of the assinine posts that ruined a good board.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I was reading the threads and I was just thinking what complete pricks a lot of those guys were being. I don't know much about hockey, so if someone who claims to know a little bit about that side of the hobby chimes in with something, I would have no reason not to believe them. It seemed like a pretty good post that you made at first - when someone made the comparison with Thurman Munson, that made a lot of sense. The fact that it took 10 posts to get an actual answer was ridiculous. I am all about having fun on the boards, but the main reason I post on these boards is to learn and talk about cards. The flames and silliness directed towards you just really spiraled out of control. I agree that there are a handful of posters who make the majority of the posts over there, and it really isn't worth reading most of the time.

Having said that (any body see that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm?), there is a PHENOMENAL amount of knowledge over there. Guys like TNP777 and schmidtfan20 will agree with me. If you have an actual question about the hobby, especially stuff from 1950-1990, there really isn't a better forum to get the best information. The knowledgeable guys generally stay out of the nonsense for the most part. What really kills me is that people who actually care about the hobby and contribute get a permanent ban, and others who don't contribute much at all just get to go along their merry way. The posters who have been banned from the PSA boards would be a great forum just on their own. The list goes on and on - Rube, Vargha, JoeStalin, and a certain mudflap02 are no longer welcome over there but I'm thankful to have FCB since my focus has really shifted to modern. I still read those boards pretty often, and I think if some of the old posters were still allowed to contribute, the boards would be in a lot better state than they are today. I'm not necessarily saying that things are awful over there, I'm just saying that it could be better. Am I bitter? I guess I'm as bitter as you can be about an internet message board, in other words I got over it pretty quickly. It just sucks when I see posts over there that I'd like to add to, but can't. Specifically how nobody called those guys out on the Potvin threads.

End rant, long live FCB, and I promise not to post any pictures of poop over on this board.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
mudflap02 said:
I was reading the threads and I was just thinking what complete pricks a lot of those guys were being. I don't know much about hockey, so if someone who claims to know a little bit about that side of the hobby chimes in with something, I would have no reason not to believe them. It seemed like a pretty good post that you made at first - when someone made the comparison with Thurman Munson, that made a lot of sense. The fact that it took 10 posts to get an actual answer was ridiculous. I am all about having fun on the boards, but the main reason I post on these boards is to learn and talk about cards. The flames and silliness directed towards you just really spiraled out of control. I agree that there are a handful of posters who make the majority of the posts over there, and it really isn't worth reading most of the time.

Having said that (any body see that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm?), there is a PHENOMENAL amount of knowledge over there. Guys like TNP777 and schmidtfan20 will agree with me. If you have an actual question about the hobby, especially stuff from 1950-1990, there really isn't a better forum to get the best information. The knowledgeable guys generally stay out of the nonsense for the most part. What really kills me is that people who actually care about the hobby and contribute get a permanent ban, and others who don't contribute much at all just get to go along their merry way. The posters who have been banned from the PSA boards would be a great forum just on their own. The list goes on and on - Rube, Vargha, JoeStalin, and a certain mudflap02 are no longer welcome over there but I'm thankful to have FCB since my focus has really shifted to modern. I still read those boards pretty often, and I think if some of the old posters were still allowed to contribute, the boards would be in a lot better state than they are today. I'm not necessarily saying that things are awful over there, I'm just saying that it could be better. Am I bitter? I guess I'm as bitter as you can be about an internet message board, in other words I got over it pretty quickly. It just sucks when I see posts over there that I'd like to add to, but can't. Specifically how nobody called those guys out on the Potvin threads.

End rant, long live FCB, and I promise not to post any pictures of poop over on this board.

LOL Speaking of poop, my one cat just took one and it stinks up the whole apartment really bad. The little ******* never learned how to bury it and it is really bad sometimes. Then I got another one and she buries it for her. Thing is, she's sleeping next to me right now. I guess I have to go do it myself. The things we do for our pets.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
matfanofold said:
It somewhat looks like the first responder had something to say reguarding past dealings with you? Then obviously the thread spirled in to somewhat of a comical +1. Just laugh it off....

Yeah, he started attacking me the minute I started posting over there. I normally ask him what his problem is, but he just responds with some snide comment, so it's pointless. It is like the Lord of the Flies over there.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
hofautos said:
A lot of idiots over there and there definitely is a "wolf pack" of about 10 regulars there with their off-beat humor that only they understand.

I used to frequent there, but now only go over there when looking for advice. There are a lot of knowledgable people over there and a lot of them are good people.
I bet it's the same 10 people you are talking about that have been hanging there for years in their little groove.

I noticed that too. Every other post is some completely off topic non sequitur. It's very lame. I don't mind a good non sequitur once in awhile, but good ones usually aren't on purpose or are well timed and aren't every other freaking post.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Its because you crossed their mighty leader Winpitcher (Steve) a few days ago and now you are blacklisted over there :lol: :lol:

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
sportscardtheory said:
G $MONEY$ said:
Its because you crossed their mighty leader Winpitcher (Steve) a few days ago and now you are blacklisted over there :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that guy's a trip. He never has anything nice to say. It's always pessimistic.

Well that is why you are black listed there. They all think you are banned member that has come back with a new ID.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
sportscardtheory said:
G $MONEY$ said:

Yeah, that guy's a trip. He never has anything nice to say. It's always pessimistic.

Don't feel bad, he (Steve) doesn't like me either :lol:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
G $MONEY$ said:
sportscardtheory said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":170rlyaf]Its because you crossed their mighty leader Winpitcher (Steve) a few days ago and now you are blacklisted over there :lol: :lol:

Well that is why you are black listed there. They all think you are banned member that has come back with a new ID.[/quote:170rlyaf]

LOL Now THAT'S funny. They probably think that about every newer member. Bunch of idiots.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
NYCrulesU said:
sportscardtheory said:
G $MONEY$ said:

Don't feel bad, he (Steve) doesn't like me either :lol:

I think he believes we care. lol

Members online

Latest posts