Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Prospect Rush" is live.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Regarding the prospect market as a whole:

I agree that it is due for a crash, and I think the main reason is the lack of collectors that will buy at top dollar. Even at this point, a lot of high-dollar prospect cards get bought/sold/traded around by prospectors... as the card increases in value, profits are made along the way... but then as the inevitable decrease begins, many of the same folks are taking the losses. In the end it's quite close to a zero-sum game, and ends up being more of a "hobby" than a "business" after all.

It is also important to keep in mind that the prospecting world is quite small: just a few thousand people willing to invest significant amounts of money, and limited venues for transactions. Although Prospect Rush is not a big enough repack product to influence the market, the combination of all the repack products this year (and there are certainly more to come as it appears to be a successful model for the repackers) is almost certainly enough to influence the market.

This enhances the "bubble" effect in prospecting. However, just like bubbles in the stock market, housing market, etc., bubbles can last for quite some time, and it is impossible to know with much certainty when the top, or bottom, of the market has been reached. Additionally, confidence in the market is one of the most significant factors sustaining the bubble, so those with serious skin in the game have good reason to promote optimism.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
You sure do keep banging on about it considering it has no effect on you whatsoever. I hate these types of product too but I don't expect them to be giving away a superfractor in every box either.

What are you talking about Ginger? I've barely said anything about this since it went live on either board.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
So some folks seem to be complaining that they used a 3rd party who doesn't know much about how these things are to be done. Some folks are complaining that they themselves did the packouts and knew exactly what would be in each one.

Doesn't seem to be a 'good' way to do repacks without erring on either the side of 3rd party screw up or the appearance of cronyism.

I don't care for products like this, and would (if I could) discourage folks from buying them (by that I just mean friends, not everyone). That said, I don't think there is a good way to do these, period, in a way that is 100% reliable from a quality standpoint and 100% fair seeming.

Out of curiosity, would folks pay $4.50 for a 1/100 shot for a share of Apple stock (~$430/share), but a 99/100 chance at a share of Suntech Power Holdings (~$1/share)?

I recognize that stocks have a fungible/non-collectible quality that cards do not. Just a question.

Except spending $450 on your scenario nets you $450. Not so much here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
Blaming a nameless third party is not going to get you a pass. I know you are trying to own it but the main question here is why did you think inserting 0.99 cards into a $200 a pack product was a good idea?

I don't usually chime in on spirited debates such as this. I am nobody important. I don't claim to have more knowledge, or experience than the next guy. I've been collecting cards since I was a very young boy. My only reason for being on this board is because I love the hobby.

So I may be just a dumb, nobody important collector...but don't you get that with Panini/Topps/Upper Deck as well??

Case in point: I recently bought a $150+ box of 2012 Contenders Football. My box yielded five $2-$5 autos and one $10 auto, along with a bunch of worthless base. That's just shamefull!

I'm sure that's not an isolated incident. Happens multiple times daily to many collectors. Topps is probably worse. Buy a box of 2012 topps magic and try to come out ahead.

From what I've seen from the repackage Products like this, the yield is similar or better than the big names.

Could there be shady things happening? Absolutely. But if you don't see shady things from Topps you are a blind fool! Topps is a poorly run company that could use a leader that has a mindset of great customer service. It's a company that at times seems like its run by a bunch of frat boys. Beckett is the same, their editor is a joke. Their format is outdated and laughable.

I have no problems with people making money. Those who complain about how much money is being made or that this is a cash grab seem jealous to me. Every box broken is high risk no matter the manufacturer. Hopefully the big card manufacturers will see this as a reason to better themselves. The product sold out because people are looking for alternatives to their product. I say let the market decide. If you don't like it or think its shady, don't buy it. If you bought it and didn't like it, I applaud you for trying something new, cut your losses and move on.

I only wish companies like Leaf, HOS and this prospect rush the best. Learn from past mistakes, listen to your customers input, and strive to make better product each time.

Good Luck to ya!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So let me get this straight....

Its ok to buy two $100 packs of triple threads & get a logan morison jersey, ryan braun jersey, marlon byrd autograph "byrd house" cut out jersey & ian kinsler "unity" auto.

But......

Its NOT OK & also immoral & disgusting to spend $200 & land a 9.5 bc lindor auto & a few other low numbered prospect cards.

So In ending, its "better" to get 4 cards which will never, ever be more than $30 than a card of a top prospect which can be worth $100s.

If prospect rush was about $100, I would be able to carry it in my store.

After all, I carry triple threads.....reluctantly.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
How are there boxes with only one low end hit?

Were some of the low end cards accidentally packed with a high end card? Are there boxes with two high end hits?

("low end" are non-autos, and "high end" are autos in this product right?)

Last edited:

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
How long before people start weighing boxes knowing the ones with 1 slab weighing less have better hits...just saying

Thats what I said day 1 when we found out about this product. All I said was know and trust who you buy from. Prospect Rush did not like that and I never got pricing from them.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know how anyone can defend this product.
First, you rip off the idea from Leaf to do a repack product.
Second, you even rip off the idea of a "sketch" card, but it's not even a sketch because it is a ridiculous cartoon computer generated picture that no one wants.
Third, you don't oversee the packaging of the product yourself.
Fourth, you aren't even guaranteed an auto at $200 per pack? What company does that?
Fifth, it is filled with cards you can pick up in .50 and $1 boxes at local shows.
Seriously, I am considering my own repackaged product, I will have previews up soon.

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Thats what I said day 1 when we found out about this product. All I said was know and trust who you buy from. Prospect Rush did not like that and I never got pricing from them.

Hello,

You requested wholesale product info and pricing. After seeing some of your posts here, it was evident the product was not for you, so I simply emailed you back...

Hi,
After seeing your posts I'll assume you don't want further info on the product. If that changes let me know and i'll provide it.
thanks,
Will

Not sure where I didn't "like" you not getting product info?

There should have been some kind of foam or cardboard block put inside there that would make all the boxes very similar in weight.

Bonus hits were added in the 2 slab configuration. So while most 2 slab boxes are lower end hits, some also contain the "bonus" hits. Also, last night a Gerritt Cole Orange Refractor Auto was hit in a 2 slab box so the results do vary.

Last edited:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Better for you on the end. No need to screw with your rep over this mess.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Hello,

You requested wholesale product info and pricing. After seeing some of your posts here, it was evident the product was not for you, so I simply emailed you back...

Hi,
After seeing your posts I'll assume you don't want further info on the product. If that changes let me know and i'll provide it.
thanks,
Will

Not sure where I didn't "like" you not getting product info?

Too funny, never said anything negative about the product. Just said trust who you buy from.
Here is the exact quote and my only other post on this product

Looking the the site, this product looks like the best way to buy it would be by the case. Having 1 or 2 cards per box just doesn't make much sense to me. We know how this industry is. If you do end up buying boxes of this stuff just make sure you trust your source.

Premier Edition

from this thread, http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/baseball/119216-prospect-rush-another-rookie-retro.html

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
How long before people start weighing boxes knowing the ones with 1 slab weighing less have better hits...just saying

while the two slab box is usually sucky, livecasebreaks had a two slab box last night that contained a Gerrit Cole orange 9.5 auto. That was the only instance that I have seen personally like that.

Members online

Latest posts