Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rolling Paul Goldschmidt PC thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
If Goldschmidt hits 40 HR this season and wins the MVP his 2011 BC auto will most definitely reach $200-$250 prices.

Lot of ifs but they are both very doable ifs for Goldy.

I do like the cards of his that I have (already posted in the thread) but I regret not picking up a BC auto back in the day.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I do like the cards of his that I have (already posted in the thread) but I regret not picking up a BC auto back in the day.

I've had a few in my time but I regret selling them before deciding to PC him. I've been trying to pick one up since but they have hit the $150 base auto mark so if I decide to buy a couple that will severely limit the amount I can spend on other Goldy autos.

But I figure if I'm going to PC someone I at least need to have one autographed rookie (first year) card.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
You're cleaning up with all the Goldschmidt's lately, I've been trying to operate on more of a budget so pickups are few and far in between these days!

I keep forgetting to mention this, but I purchased one of the new road grey jerseys of Goldschmidt back in December from the D-backs team shop - noticed in February that his name was spelled wrong! The "C" was in front of the "S." I've tried returning it a couple times but they haven't had any in stock for the last month or so. Hoping I can pick up a correct spelling one before Opening Day hits, I want to wear it to the game!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
You're cleaning up with all the Goldschmidt's lately, I've been trying to operate on more of a budget so pickups are few and far in between these days!

I keep forgetting to mention this, but I purchased one of the new road grey jerseys of Goldschmidt back in December from the D-backs team shop - noticed in February that his name was spelled wrong! The "C" was in front of the "S." I've tried returning it a couple times but they haven't had any in stock for the last month or so. Hoping I can pick up a correct spelling one before Opening Day hits, I want to wear it to the game!

Wow, that really sucks! I also bought one of the new Goldschmidt jerseys back in December and they certainly weren't cheap so that's a real bummer man. I bought the home team jersey but I really like the look of the road jerseys. In fact, I like all of them, their new jerseys rock.

As for Goldschmidt, my budget usually would not allow me to pick up as many as I have but I made a few good prospecting investments in the offseason that I have just recently unloaded.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Wow, I won a 2010 EEE Goldschmidt auto auction for only $47. The last few sales were in the $65-$70 range so it's a pretty good deal.

Couple days ago I purchased a Five Star Goldschmidt auto rainbow parallel #d /25 so I'm expecting 5 Goldschmidt autos to come in the mail soon.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
One of my new favorites in the collection finally arrived and scanned!

But first, got in the 2016 Heritage Black Refractor, Goldy's 3rd straight year in the set:

And the big guy, FINALLY found a Dynasty with a patch and the pose I actually liked. Emerald version/5

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I pulled this but I'm selling it because I hate test proofs & I'm only collecting autographs/relics.

The only non-auto/relic cards I'm collecting are his BC refractor rookie cards/1st year cards. I may expand onto some of his 2011 Topps Update parallels as well.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Love the five star, almost bid on it but decided to pass because i am POOR!

I agree on that proof, I hate them, and now they're numbered /49 or whatever? I'm glad I've finally gotten over that "have to have everything" mentality over the last couple years. Definitely enjoy being more picky now and just picking up things that catch my eye.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Any of you Goldschmidt guys interested in this? Shoot me a pm
08/15
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1459882842.232095.jpg
EY card for size comparison

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1459882877.700350.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1459882898.257209.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1459882924.500910.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1459882956.855635.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1459882974.219934.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1459882991.445122.jpg ....oh shiny ;)

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I loved the idea of the pennant cards. The final execution (stickers, etc.) made it fall just a little short of its potential. Still very cool though.

Latest posts