Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sellers - My suggestions for how to improve transaction threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I agree with whoever said the wtb threads need to calm down. It seems there is more wtb threads than selling threads and most wtb never get posted in and just bumped by the OP. I've sold a bit here but even at prices below eBay by 10-20 percent it's still impossible. I don't think there is anyway that the selling improves here. The traffic is too slim.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I used to buy from here too. I stopped after a seller offers me a card (with his price) and some "ALL KNOWLEDGEABLE" people in here would jump in and talk the same seller to raise his selling price. This is done because the "other" seller have his card(s) of the same player from the same set priced higher. Play all the games you want, at the end of the day, I'm still "THE" buyer and if buyers like me don't buy your (overpriced) card(s), I'll find it somewhere else. You still have the card you want to sell, I get the same card from another seller somewhere else and we all "WIN". I don't really care if it's a 1 of 1, if you raise your price after your first offer, we'll both move on and hopefully never have to talk to each other again. That simple.

Did I ever mention why I stopped buying from burbanksportscards? I know that's another story, but to I went from spending $1500/year before 2012 to ZERO all because of a lousy $6.00 in shipping/handling he/she/they did not refund as promised. Who do you think is getting that money now?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Like joe said, prospect cards are bought at market or slightly lower depending on the player. Buy thousands of dollars worth this way.

Fact is i'm not buying your card and save you ebay fees if i can go on ebay and buy the card for a little less.

The point of selling here is to avoid the hassle and get sales done. It works all over the internet and can work here.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I just posted a sale thread so we will see how that goes. I usually do most of what you stated except posting individual prices. I price the lot because I'd much rather sell the lot at well below ebay to allow some money to be made and its not worth it to go through and find all the singles on ebay when I might make one sale here. I highly doubt that adding individual sale numbers would increase my sales a lot.

Plus, if I have something you want I already state that I will be below ebay so how hard is it to post or PM and say you are interested in a card and then I'll typically PM within a few minutes.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I just posted a sale thread so we will see how that goes. I usually do most of what you stated except posting individual prices. I price the lot because I'd much rather sell the lot at well below ebay to allow some money to be made and its not worth it to go through and find all the singles on ebay when I might make one sale here. I highly doubt that adding individual sale numbers would increase my sales a lot.

Plus, if I have something you want I already state that I will be below ebay so how hard is it to post or PM and say you are interested in a card and then I'll typically PM within a few minutes.

Just to be clear, if you're selling a "lot" then I don't think you need to give individual sale prices on each. I would say that if you had what each card typically goes for on eBay (yes, I realize that takes time) I believe it would increase your chances of selling but totally understand not wanting to do that. Good luck! Hope everything sells!

As a general comment to everyone, I think a lot of these "things to do" come down to the time the seller is willing to spend to make a thoughtful FS thread and I believe the more time and effort put in by the seller will pay off in sales over the long term. Just my opinion.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009

I just looked at your sale thread. Posting individual prices would go a long way. You post a price for lot, and tell buyers to ask for a price on individual cards. This give the impression you don't really want to split up the lot. As a buyer I don't really want to have to ask for prices or shoot from the hip with an offer, and wait for a reply.

With individual prices a buyer can easily scan to thread and see if you are on the same page price wise. Bundle items together and make reasonable offers. Not ideal for the seller, but it is what it is. It is just too easy to search eBay and scan through hundreds of listings. A seller looking to sell off eBay and save fees needs to make is just as easy for buyers.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Just to be clear, if you're selling a "lot" then I don't think you need to give individual sale prices on each. I would say that if you had what each card typically goes for on eBay (yes, I realize that takes time) I believe it would increase your chances of selling but totally understand not wanting to do that. Good luck! Hope everything sells!

As a general comment to everyone, I think a lot of these "things to do" come down to the time the seller is willing to spend to make a thoughtful FS thread and I believe the more time and effort put in by the seller will pay off in sales over the long term. Just my opinion.

This is spot on. It all comes down to how much time a seller wants to invest. You look at the large sales threads with tons of scans and individual, reasonably priced cards, and you see tons of posts and sales being made.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Just looked at your thread and am not picking on you but it's a lesson to everyone... Rule #1 , do not link mobile users (via pictures) away from the FCB app to photobucket. I can tell you I haven't seen any of your card pictures because it linked me away and after one Taco Bell ad, went back to app and exited.

Here is how to change that:

photobucket_zps1370f8d6.jpg

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Yep, and if you're using photobucket mobile app you have to manually remove them. I didn't look at your scans either for this reason. FCBs Achilles Heel

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Just looked at your thread and am not picking on you but it's a lesson to everyone... Rule #1 , do not link mobile users (via pictures) away from the FCB app to photobucket. I can tell you I haven't seen any of your card pictures because it linked me away and after one Taco Bell ad, went back to app and exited.

Oh really? Huh I had no idea that happened. It shows up fine on mine. Why does it do that? I'll go figure out how to change it. Kinda hard to know that's happening when it doesn't show for my thread.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I just looked at your sale thread. Posting individual prices would go a long way. You post a price for lot, and tell buyers to ask for a price on individual cards. This give the impression you don't really want to split up the lot. As a buyer I don't really want to have to ask for prices or shoot from the hip with an offer, and wait for a reply.

With individual prices a buyer can easily scan to thread and see if you are on the same page price wise. Bundle items together and make reasonable offers. Not ideal for the seller, but it is what it is. It is just too easy to search eBay and scan through hundreds of listings. A seller looking to sell off eBay and save fees needs to make is just as easy for buyers.

See that's where I disagree. I post a price for the lot because if someone wanted it all then great. I can ship it in one box to one person. However. I try to make it very clear that all you need to do is just post or pm interests and I'll get you a price. You don't need to shoot me a offer like most threads say. I'll happily go check eBay and go lower if someone actually has interest in some of the stuff. I'm not asking for offers, just asking that people post interest before I need to spend all the time digging and searching for prices for these cards especially when there is a ton. Too often, people research hundreds of prices and post them all and then don't get much interest and there's a waste of an hour or more of my time.

I just don't really see the point in researching all these prices if there's no interest when I could spend less time and just list on eBay.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012

So I'm confused on a couple things. BTW Thank you for the help and constructive criticism guys. So I have to do the above or it will link all of the mobile users to PB and not show the scans in the thread? even though it shows up for me on my mobile and on my computer?

Also, where do you go to find the above fix? I was looking around PB and couldn't find what you screenshotted.

Thanks again guys!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Oh really? Huh I had no idea that happened. It shows up fine on mine. Why does it do that? I'll go figure out how to change it. Kinda hard to know that's happening when it doesn't show for my thread.

It only seems to affect user on the iPhone app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Got it I think! If one of you would be kind enough to check and see if that fixed the problem? I found the area that [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] screen shotted and fixed the box he circled.

I'm sure you fixed it but you'd have to repost the pictures, those pics are already linked either way :)

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
See that's where I disagree. I post a price for the lot because if someone wanted it all then great. I can ship it in one box to one person. However. I try to make it very clear that all you need to do is just post or pm interests and I'll get you a price. You don't need to shoot me a offer like most threads say. I'll happily go check eBay and go lower if someone actually has interest in some of the stuff. I'm not asking for offers, just asking that people post interest before I need to spend all the time digging and searching for prices for these cards especially when there is a ton. Too often, people research hundreds of prices and post them all and then don't get much interest and there's a waste of an hour or more of my time.

I just don't really see the point in researching all these prices if there's no interest when I could spend less time and just list on eBay.

It's one of those chicken and egg things. Are you missing potential buyers because individual prices aren't posted? Who knows. I completely agree with your thought process as a seller, and understand you are probably easy to make a deal with, but many are not.

In my mind it is like a card show. I generally walk past all the tables that don't have prices listed unless there is something I really need. You might have a lot of buyers just walking by...

Not picking on your thread in any way. Just my general two cents about sales threads.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
It's one of those chicken and egg things. Are you missing potential buyers because individual prices aren't posted? Who knows. I completely agree with your thought process as a seller, and understand you are probably easy to make a deal with, but many are not.

In my mind it is like a card show. I generally walk past all the tables that don't have prices listed unless there is something I really need. You might have a lot of buyers just walking by...

Not picking on your thread in any way. Just my general two cents about sales threads.
Yeah I see what your saying. I would love to be more active here but with the lack of buyers it just doesn't really make sense to go through the effort to post threads when I can sell for more and in less time on the bay even after fees.

I'm giving this last thread a chance to see if I can get some action. But if not I'll probably stop trying to buy or sell here at all. Theres plenty of people here but it seems like nobody on here buys anything at all. Even when priced low.

Members online