Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sellers - My suggestions for how to improve transaction threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The chicken and the egg is a great analogy. Sellers think there is a lack of traffic and buyers, so they stay away... Buyers think there is a lack of sellers who give a sh!t or that show up anyways, so they stay away. Something has to give and this is why I wanted to start the thread and try and shed some light on some items that I feel like sellers should do in order to help their threads.

At the end of the day, I think everyone is a potential buyer if the right stuff is listed but not everyone is a seller (like me as an example) because I don't have much to sell outside of my Albert Belle collection but I collect a lot more than just Albert Belle in the right time/place. That being said, I believe it's up to the sellers to just take a little extra time and effort to jazz up their threads and I think everything will start to come around. Again, just my feelings but I know that I've purchased stuff I never would of thought I'd want or buy on here but it's because of a sale thread which made me enter, had good pictures, prices, etc.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
The chicken and the egg is a great analogy. Sellers think there is a lack of traffic and buyers, so they stay away... Buyers think there is a lack of sellers who give a sh!t or that show up anyways, so they stay away. Something has to give and this is why I wanted to start the thread and try and shed some light on some items that I feel like sellers should do in order to help their threads.

At the end of the day, I think everyone is a potential buyer if the right stuff is listed but not everyone is a seller (like me as an example) because I don't have much to sell outside of my Albert Belle collection but I collect a lot more than just Albert Belle in the right time/place. That being said, I believe it's up to the sellers to just take a little extra time and effort to jazz up their threads and I think everything will start to come around. Again, just my feelings but I know that I've purchased stuff I never would of thought I'd want or buy on here but it's because of a sale thread which made me enter, had good pictures, prices, etc.

I do agree with this. It's just incredibly frustrating being a seller and having listed 4-5 threads in the past couple months with different cards in each one and maybe only selling 5-10 out of the hundreds. Whereas I made a thread on BO a few months ago with 200-300 cards all individually priced and I sold EVERY SINGLE ONE in 24 hours.

I see plenty of FS threads in the FCB section and the majority of them are only being bumped by the seller. They almost always include rookies, prospects, HOF, Vets, Bowman Chrome Autos, Color, pretty much anything and still no movement.

I think it is much more on the buyers around here. There are hardly any. Plus, when you look at the transactions area, there is my thread, then a wood burning thread(cool but probably shouldn't be in the baseball section), then FIVE WTB threads in a row..... And most of them are obscure WTB threads. Not cards that most people would have to sell.

I don't think FCB will ever be a successful place to sell cards. Even if you price everything, have pictures, write out the year, set, name, etc. for each card, there are still such a lack of buyers that it will never work IMO.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
There is one reason that I don't spend much time on any B/S/T forums. I don't have the time, or patience, to search through hundreds of threads when 98% of my search hits are people trying to sell base cards for a nickle.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Friendly bump but also made two FS threads not that long ago and one went very quickly and even included additional cards once I got in touch with him. The other didn't get much interest but did well on eBay.

Members online