Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************** Sunday Morning Thread ****************** 11/17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
What are you looking to do exactly?

Well I'd like to have a player website for Albert Belle like some other members have for their guy.

I have a few domains and know the one is like to use.

I'd be looking to see if a member wanted to develop the site for me but turn it over to me and I'll be in charge of loading initial content and obviously updating going forward.

I guess I've looked at certain sites which help you build a site and it's a little over my head and maybe I'm just not as creative as some.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Well I'd like to have a player website for Albert Belle like some other members have for their guy.

I have a few domains and know the one is like to use.

I'd be looking to see if a member wanted to develop the site for me but turn it over to me and I'll be in charge of loading initial content and obviously updating going forward.

I guess I've looked at certain sites which help you build a site and it's a little over my head and maybe I'm just not as creative as some.

---

I made mine using a program called webpagemaker. super simple, and I think it was only fifty bucks. And then used Jalbum for the pages with the cards on them.

I would make you one, but i wouldnt know about how I turn it over to someone else... I guess if I had access to your server i could upload it for you, and then it would be yours. But I know all my parts and pieces to my site are in my folders, and thats where the program pulls them from. So if you ever wanted to make changes, would I have to do it? Or would you be able to? I"m just not sure.

I bet its doable if you understood code, but I dont so thats why webpagemaker is so cool. Its all drag and drop.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
On a sidenote, I wish you did have a player site. Mainly so others can see if you have a card or not, and so we can view the mighty collection!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I made mine using a program called webpagemaker. super simple, and I think it was only fifty bucks. And then used Jalbum for the pages with the cards on them.

I would make you one, but i wouldnt know about how I turn it over to someone else... I guess if I had access to your server i could upload it for you, and then it would be yours. But I know all my parts and pieces to my site are in my folders, and thats where the program pulls them from. So if you ever wanted to make changes, would I have to do it? Or would you be able to? I"m just not sure.

I bet its doable if you understood code, but I dont so thats why webpagemaker is so cool. Its all drag and drop.

Hmmm I'll look into that program. If it's drag and drop, then maybe I'll see if I can do it?

If not, I'd love the help but sounds like we'd have to figure out if it's something you can hand off or what.

The goal would be for me to be the controller and updater after launch.

---

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
On a sidenote, I wish you did have a player site. Mainly so others can see if you have a card or not, and so we can view the mighty collection!

Thank! That's part of my motivation because I'd like to show it off. After this week of incoming cards, I know it's second to none when it comes to Albert Belle.

---

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Hmmm I'll look into that program. If it's drag and drop, then maybe I'll see if I can do it?

If not, I'd love the help but sounds like we'd have to figure out if it's something you can hand off or what.

The goal would be for me to be the controller and updater after launch.

---

It is total drag and drop. After a little tinkering and practice, i was able to make my main page, and each subpage. Made each icon myself. Then once you get to the cards, its all Jalbum. Then learning their formats and such. If I can do it, you can do it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It is total drag and drop. After a little tinkering and practice, i was able to make my main page, and each subpage. Made each icon myself. Then once you get to the cards, its all Jalbum. Then learning their formats and such. If I can do it, you can do it.

Sweet! I'll give those programs a look!

---

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good evening! I made it back to school about 40 minutes ago. I really don't feel like unpacking after driving 280 miles back to school today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts