Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Value Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
as i was getting flowers at walmart tonight i grabbed myself a box and pulled two sweet cards.

IMG_0047.jpg

Diamond Sparkle SP
IMG_0049.jpg

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
At some point we just have to say "OK Topps, we're on to you" right?

People have suspected Topps of loading up retail for a couple years now but it's insane what people are pulling out of the value boxes. Not that I think it's a bad thing (unless you own a hobby shop), just saying if you needed proof that Topps values Target and Wal-Mart over all else, this is it.

A_Pharis

CraigsCards1 said:
At some point we just have to say "OK Topps, we're on to you" right?

People have suspected Topps of loading up retail for a couple years now but it's insane what people are pulling out of the value boxes. Not that I think it's a bad thing (unless you own a hobby shop), just saying if you needed proof that Topps values Target and Wal-Mart over all else, this is it.

The packs of Heritage are Hobby packs so it was really a matter of these not going into Hobby boxes and getting packed out in value boxes.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
A_Pharis said:
Has anyone else noticed that the huge Heritage hits from these things have been overwhelmingly filled with Frank Robinson auto's?

And he doesn't have many autos in the set.

25 Flashback Autos
25 Flashback Seat/Autos
25 Dual Autos w/Stanton
25 Clubhouse Collection GU/Autos

Along with the 60 Birthday autos.

A_Pharis

vwnut13 said:
A_Pharis said:
Has anyone else noticed that the huge Heritage hits from these things have been overwhelmingly filled with Frank Robinson auto's?

And he doesn't have many autos in the set.

25 Flashback Autos
25 Flashback Seat/Autos
25 Dual Autos w/Stanton
25 Clubhouse Collection GU/Autos

Along with the 60 Birthday autos.

A few of each of those have turned up in these.
Could be a way of Topps slipping them into circulation after screwing up and not getting them out in hobby boxes.

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
A_Pharis said:
The packs of Heritage are Hobby packs so it was really a matter of these not going into Hobby boxes and getting packed out in value boxes.

That actually makes it even weirder in my mind. Why are hobby packs (especially apparently loaded hobby packs) going to Wal-Mart and Target?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
schmidtfan20 brought up a really good point. If they were really hobby packs, some would have the green refractors that are 1 box per hobby case, no? These are obviously from a different batch and are absolutely loaded. I haven't had much luck with them but lots of folks have. These hits should have been in hobby boxes for sure though.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
To date I have opened 59 value boxes and haven't had nearly the luck some of you seem to have. Out of all the Topps packs I've pulled two retired SP's, 4 Topps 60 game used, 0 autos, 0 sparkles, & 1 Carl Crawford red Sox SSP (out of the last pack of box #59).

The Heritage has been about the same. I've pulled 3 Clubhouse Jerseys (nobody too great), 1 Stamp dual (I forget which but it was a dirt common), 1 Jackie Robinson SP. About the only thing I've been good at pulling is the green tints, I've pulled 4 of them (all commons).

I was really only opening them for the codes (170 out of the 59 boxes). Since I was paying roughly $4 per code on ebay, this was a real good deal, basically paid just an additional $250 for 118 packs of heritage and 295 packs of Topps. Also, I've also already sold all the 3 card refractor sets for around $50.

I have completed about 8 Topps series 1 sets (along with a complete set (or close) of most of the insert sets) and have to be close to a couple of Heritage base sets. Fun break for sure but not quite as lucky as some of you.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
mudflap02 said:
schmidtfan20 brought up a really good point. If they were really hobby packs, some would have the green refractors that are 1 box per hobby case, no? These are obviously from a different batch and are absolutely loaded. I haven't had much luck with them but lots of folks have. These hits should have been in hobby boxes for sure though.

That's what I was thinking. They are not "true" hobby packs, just stamped hobby

A_Pharis

TBTwinsFan said:
mudflap02 said:

That's what I was thinking. They are not "true" hobby packs, just stamped hobby

SPs and all seem to be hitting at a normal rate. They just don't have green refractors. Since Green refractors were all restricted to 1 per case hot boxes, then I would have to assume that the green refractors were all kept to themselves and packed separately. That's why they aren't showing up in this. It's not like Topps sat back and busted cases to put these packs into value boxes.

Seeing how it was suggested by Kevin, there's no doubt that it was a half-cocked theory.

Members online

Latest posts