Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

****** Wednesday Morning Thread ******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Ashburn Alley, congrats!!
MT guys, I got a question, I'm scanning my O'neill collection and I'm at the '96 Fleer. Beckett lists two. 1996 Fleer and the shinny Tiffany card. I have a few of the regular card but one has silver foil the other and all my dupes have gold foil. I seem to remember something about this back then but can anyone school me on this, thanks in advance. Kevin.
image-92.jpg

Base was gold foil, matte finish
96FLEER.jpg

Tiffany was silver reflective foil, glossy finish (one per pack)
96FLEERTIFFANY.jpg

Team Set cards were silver flat foil, glossy finish, and numberd XX of 20 on back.
96FLEERGLOSSY.jpg

Your's looks like a team set card, but the Yankees weren't one of the team sets offered. Does the silver foil O'Neil have a matte or glossy finish, and what is it numbered on back?

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Nothing happened that I know of, but he was really active here and then he just stopped, so I thought something might be up.

EDIT: Posted this before I saw Darren's post.

Yeah I know he was really active here at one point and happened to notice he was still on BO, not sure if he got tired of FCB or what. Like Dan said it would be great if some of the old MT regulars stopped in more often.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Back from eye appt. Dislike the stuff they put in there. It's been 2 hours and I'm struggling to look outside at all (sunny w/snow).

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Base was gold foil, matte finish
96FLEER.jpg

Tiffany was silver reflective foil, glossy finish (one per pack)
96FLEERTIFFANY.jpg

Team Set cards were silver flat foil, glossy finish, and numberd XX of 20 on back.
96FLEERGLOSSY.jpg

Your's looks like a team set card, but the Yankees weren't one of the team sets offered. Does the silver foil O'Neil have a matte or glossy finish, and what is it numbered on back?

I have a Tiffany version. The one in question is not glossy. It has silver foil lettering with matte finish. It is not numbered. Looks exactly like the base with the exception of the silver foil.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Does anyone know what is going on with Rich?

I actually have a package for him, but I don't want to send it until I know everything's alright with him.

If you're talking about Pinetar Rich, I keep in touch with him on FB. Can't go into details, in public, about why he hasn't been here. All is good with him though.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I do miss Rich posting on here. I always enjoyed his stories about the events he did with the veterans. I hope everything is well with him

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Two card mail day today. The Dean I bought just because it was cheap and a neat little oddball for the collection. And then the other one I was curious as to if Charlie needed it

DeanJohnAuto_zps2e8e545b.jpg
CubsSixPiecefront_zpse9a23f05.jpg
CubsSixPieceBack_zpsf57ee769.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just activated our iPhone 5c's today, huge upgrade from my 3G and my wife's 3GS

I really need to find a new phone. I had a Samsung Galaxy 3 but it slipped out of my pocket while I was sitting at my desk and the screen broke. I'm not using my old Droid X2, which is one of the worst phones possible lol. It doesn't help that the battery only lasts about 20 minutes if I do anything on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.