Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where are all of the prospectors? Where is all the buying trading selling action people!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I love this idea Will, but I have to point something out: if the prospect card peaks and the prospector realizes it and sells it, does he get to claim the total realized value as the ending value compared to your Jordan?

I think you're right, in that most prospect cards pale in comparison to the quality of bad-ass buys like the MJ; but a seasoned prospector wouldn't be holding a year from now if it wasn't viable.

Does anyone remember Andrew's Weiters experiment from a bunch of years ago
? (at least I think it was @All In Cards ).

Do you remember the details?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Do you remember the details?

I'm not positive how much he spent, but let's say he took $1K and bought a bunch of EEE Weiters autographs at about $40-$60 a pop, which was market, and then sold them all when the Weiters hype pushed those cards (his only major auto) over $100. Those probably aren't the real numbers, but the raw data and cathartic experience were eye-opening.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I don't really think anyone was bashing bowman stasher. I really believe most were just waiting for him to validate his opinion with an explanation of why he felt the way he does. You say your opinion and most don't agree, an explanation might help clarify. I go to shows and multiple shops. The majority of money I see being spent is not on prospects. In fact, most guys I even speak to know very little about any player not on a current mlb roster.

Perhaps he is right. Who knows. Maybe he knows or sees something we don't?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
pm me address

NOTE: I don't want to send out a whole lot of packages so please guys only if you really want them.

i never saw any of the cards when they were released , but i did manage to grab 3 printing plates of justin smoak about 2 years ago...i have zero clue as to who all was in the set , but if you happen to have any of him or any other former south carolina (or clemson) players i'd love to pick up as many as you'd be willing to part with.....

Members online

Latest posts