Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~1992 Score Mantle, Musial, Yaz~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
A "non-pack" issued one (most say it is a fake) keeps hitting ebay selling $400-700.....

A real one sells for this [ebay:nhb2hfc6]200708093363[/ebay:nhb2hfc6]

$(KGrHqV,!nME8V(58tVSBPKBZfB6(w~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!hEE7tJQLRMIBPKBZ)Q)lg~~60_12.JPG

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
George,

You probably know more about the card than I do, (and I did not notice the fake one) but that sale seems really high to me. There's a graded one with a BIN of $995 out there, and in the last couple of years I have seen a few sales in the $700-$800 range. Has it been higher recently (or historically?)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Topnotchsy said:
George,

You probably know more about the card than I do, (and I did not notice the fake one) but that sale seems really high to me. There's a graded one with a BIN of $995 out there, and in the last couple of years I have seen a few sales in the $700-$800 range. Has it been higher recently (or historically?)

I think people are put off by the label. Price did seem high but lower than the other non-graded.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Erich said:
Was there more than one Score issue that year? I would love to open a box for fun.

Yep, Two series issued by Score in 1992

Series One has Joe D autos
Series Two has that triple, as well as single autos from all three

very worth the $10 box price imo

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
What's especially nice is that they were all packed out (no redemptions). Granted there isn't much else in the set, but they are still cool to pull.

ThoseBackPages said:
Erich said:
Was there more than one Score issue that year? I would love to open a box for fun.

Yep, Two series issued by Score in 1992

Series One has Joe D autos
Series Two has that triple, as well as single autos from all three

very worth the $10 box price imo

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
George,

I had the same thought as you. The two non-graded versions I've purchased of this card, I got each for under $750.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Buynhisellnlow said:
Topnotchsy said:
George,

I had the same thought as you. The two non-graded versions I've purchased of this card, I got each for under $750.

I would gladly take one at $750, I have not seen one on ebay. Do you have scans of the backs?

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Trying to figure out the math... If the triple auto card goes for $750. Checking e-bay... At $275 delivered per case, that is approximately three cases. I'm pretty sure this card is more rare than one per three cases. It would be interesting... IF we knew the total print run in cases and divided by the print run of all of the major autographs to determine what the auto:case seed ratio was. My fuzzy math...

One Bajillion case print run Divided by total print run of all auto's = crazy steep odds

How about this...

Assuming series two auto's are print run of 500 each, then there are 2000 total autographs.
Assuming a print run of 20,000 cases, then autographs are 1:10 cases
Assuming a print run of 40,000 cases, then autographs are 1:20 cases
and so on....

Anyone care to venture a SWAG on a total case print run for Series II score?

Tom

Note: Each case contains 20 boxes of 36 packs!

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
50,000 cases with an auto print run of 2000 gives us an autograph ratio of 1:25 cases. That's about two pallets :)

Members online

Latest posts