Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rockford show pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Went to a show today for the first time since the National last year. This one was 15 tables, so no real comparison... :lol:

Bunch of nice guys though, and picked up some fun stuff. There were a few Dawson/Williams cards, but stuff I already have.

Stood and went through the bargain boxes for the first time ever at a show and found these...

ShowLot1.jpg

ShowLot2.jpg

ShowLot3.jpg

I also realized I need to read the 90's thread more. I saw all kinds of shiny McGwires, Ripkens, Clemens, etc,
but didn't recognize any of them as being anything particularly special, but who knows?

I have a very fledgling Mantle collection, and I somehow did not have the '87 traded Dawson or the green Broder next to it.

Everything else is for trade if their is any interest.

Also stopped by a shop in that part of town that I'd never been to, only to walk in and find out that he's closing out the shop... ::facepalm::
Did get two packs of penny sleevs for $1, and a UV bat tube for $5 bucks.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
pghbuccos said:
very nice array of pickups Charlie. it's good to hear that you had a positive experience at a local show.
thanks Dave! It was fun talking to a few of the guys. I think I heard the word "book" about a dozen times though... :lol:

George_Calfas said:
Prospecting 'eh
they were cheap and shiny... :D

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Just checked some ebay values...looks like the guys i thought were prospects aren't really prospects anymore... ::facepalm:: :lol: :lol:

Thought Tate, Dixon, and Arenado were names I'd heard a lot...oh well

Out of everything there, the Mantle Lineage seems to sell for the most... :lol:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Nice array of stuff, whenever you find anything at all you like at a 15 table show that's a good day.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
homerun28aa said:
Nice array of stuff, whenever you find anything at all you like at a 15 table show that's a good day.
That's exactly how I felt.

At least 3 of the tables were wax, and half the rest were high-end football, so I was happy to find a handful of cards... :)

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
ChasHawk said:
homerun28aa said:

At least 3 of the tables were wax, and half the rest were high-end football, so I was happy to find a handful of cards... :)
Beats shows here that are 95% hockey

Ugh

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
thefatguy said:
ChasHawk said:
homerun28aa said:

Ugh
I didn't see a single hockey card... :lol: :lol:

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
ChasHawk said:
thefatguy said:
ChasHawk said:
homerun28aa said:

Ugh
I didn't see a single hockey card... :lol: :lol:
You wern't looking hard enough :lol: :lol: I'm sure there were some Blackhawks there somewhere

Latest posts