Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Donruss Crusades Red Hideo Nomo, How much??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
[ebay:17us2gr6]330308297390[/ebay:17us2gr6]

How much do you think this bad boy will go for? My guess is it goes for near $1000.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Hard to say, i know there are some Nomo Player collectors, but back in the day, i'm sure it would have gotten more.
$1000? Not sure about that.
I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on a Red on one of 'my guys' at $150.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
I would say more actually considering his Select Certified Mirror Gold got about $1500 a few weeks ago.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Did the seller limit himself by not agreeing to ship to Asia? If he's covered by PP, what's the danger?

$860 with nearly a week to go is impressive.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
wow, it was at $12 when I posted this. I figured it would sell high, but didn't think it would be bid up so high already.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Between 1750 and 2K. In addition to the mirror mentioned above, consider that a Nomo Embossed Gold Refractor sold last month for $750. The Nomo collectors are alive and well, and still mostly in Japan. I sometimes wonder if its the same couple bidders over there try to bid up the cards and/or try to corner the market however.

thenumberonemetfan said:

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Damn, and it's # 001/025. I'd say around $1500-$2000 easily. If he opens it up the Asian consumers before the end of the auction, it could get more.

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
I was the seller of the Nomo Mirror Gold PP, the Embossed Gold Refractor and numerous other rare Nomo cards.

There seem to be 2-3 Japanese bidders who like to duke it out for the Nomo's. They are player collectors just like the people on these boards. The Japanese bidders are also some of the nicest collectors you will come across. They are very prompt in paying and are truly grateful when you give them a chance to win your auctions.

If you are gonna say that Japanese bidders are alive and well, I'd also add that American set builders are alive and well too. Probably half of the Nomo's I sold went to set builders in the US

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
$2150 is my guess

Man do I wish I had collected him back in 96, 97 and 98. I wouldn't be at work right now if I had bought everything in sight.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
That is insane, especially considering that I know a young collector who only got $600 for a Nomo 2005 Prime Patches sleeve patch/autograph /5 a year back.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'm curious - would you mind saying whether you picked these Nomos up from Burbank and flipped them?

RudyGayExquisite said:
I was the seller of the Nomo Mirror Gold PP, the Embossed Gold Refractor and numerous other rare Nomo cards.

There seem to be 2-3 Japanese bidders who like to duke it out for the Nomo's. They are player collectors just like the people on these boards. The Japanese bidders are also some of the nicest collectors you will come across. They are very prompt in paying and are truly grateful when you give them a chance to win your auctions.

If you are gonna say that Japanese bidders are alive and well, I'd also add that American set builders are alive and well too. Probably half of the Nomo's I sold went to set builders in the US

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
cbrandtw said:
$2150 is my guess

Man do I wish I had collected him back in 96, 97 and 98. I wouldn't be at work right now if I had bought everything in sight.

His select certified mirror gold was already selling for $2000 in 1997/8. His rare stuff has ALWAYS been expensive.

Members online

Latest posts