Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I think we can skip the "Is this guy selling fakes?" debate..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
cwc2002 pulled it, but it's in his "sold" album on photobucket. Maybe he could shed some light on who this is - whether it's another boardie or maybe his name so we can avoid him.

I remember the Ellsbury being pulled but all those others look completely fake.

This Zimmerman is clearly fake...all patches are /5 and most say Titanic Patches on the card:RYAN ZIMMERMAN - 2011 Topps Marquee LOGO PATCH ( Sick ! ) | eBay
$(KGrHqFHJEYE-kdYZYRWBPsZO1R7sw~~60_1.JPG

I also think the Carew was either a jersey or it was a "prime" triple color jersey...5/107: ROD CAREW (HOFer) - 2005 Donruss Prime Patches LOGO PATCH | eBay
$(KGrHqJHJEsE-js(zPJ)BPsZO)byTw~~60_1.JPG

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

This Zimmerman is clearly fake...all patches are /5 and most say Titanic Patches on the card:RYAN ZIMMERMAN - 2011 Topps Marquee LOGO PATCH ( Sick ! ) | eBay
View attachment 2535

I also think the Carew was either a jersey or it was a "prime" triple color jersey...5/107: ROD CAREW (HOFer) - 2005 Donruss Prime Patches LOGO PATCH | eBay
View attachment 2536

Looks like that Carew is making the rounds. Here it is sold March 31st from seller jodi_miller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...66w969bimEobCY%2F%2BY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
If I recall correctly, Ryan Zimmerman had patches in some of the regular jersey cards in that set.

Doesn't mean it's real.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
This one made me laugh. Did this set even have patches that were continuous throughout all of the windows?

View attachment 2533
Although it is obviously fake this is a very nice fake. He used a nice jersey that has the on field stitching. Had he thought it out a little better put one piece of bird in a window and sold it he still could have made an easy 75 dollars or so. Props to him for not going cheap with his jerseys.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
If I recall correctly, Ryan Zimmerman had patches in some of the regular jersey cards in that set.

Doesn't mean it's real.

Interesting. I don't remember seeing any of the non /5 having patches. Would be curious if so. I do believe that Zimmerman is one of the players that has a patch /5 but was stated on the card as Titanic Threads instead of the usual Titanic Patch.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Interesting. I don't remember seeing any of the non /5 having patches. Would be curious if so. I do believe that Zimmerman is one of the players that has a patch /5 but was stated on the card as Titanic Threads instead of the usual Titanic Patch.
There are patches all throughout that set! but not near as nice as this.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I take it back on the Zimmerman vwnut13 commented on...here is proof in a youtube video. Fast forward to the 1:30 mark:

I still don't think the posted "DC" logo is real though.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This one made me laugh. Did this set even have patches that were continuous throughout all of the windows?

View attachment 2533
This is hillarious lol

View attachment 2535

View attachment 2536
look SO fake
Although it is obviously fake this is a very nice fake. He used a nice jersey that has the on field stitching. Had he thought it out a little better put one piece of bird in a window and sold it he still could have made an easy 75 dollars or so. Props to him for not going cheap with his jerseys.
Couldn't agree more
I take it back on the Zimmerman vwnut13 commented on...here is proof in a youtube video. Fast forward to the 1:30 mark:

I still don't think the posted "DC" logo is real though.
very interesting...

Wonder if this guy will jump on like BigBoyd and "defend" himself lol.... Get the popcorn started

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Most of the ones he's selling are obvious fakes, but there is a chance the Zimmerman is real. I know I saw several patches of his from the set that weren't /5 very soon after release.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Example of the "wording" for the Titanic Jumbo Patches versus the "normal" Titanic Jumbo Threads:

Jumbo patches...notice the title above the patch and the serial numbering /5 or /10:
$(KGrHqIOKjoE5YtT6vl9BOcQcM)Evg~~_12.JPG
2011-Topps-Marquee-Baseball-Titanic-Threads-Patches-Ichiro-Suzuki.jpg
2260660a.jpg

The regular jersey jumbos...notice the title above the swatch and the serial numbering /99:
$(KGrHqV,!hUE5qnL01SiBOcmvmiuo!~~60_3.JPG
IMG_0006.jpg

57089d1316199260-2011-topps-marquee-w-ripken-patch-2010-eee-break-hank_aaron_tm_ttjr-10_88-99.jpg

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
What is the Uggla patch even from?

I don't think it's on the Marlins' jerseys or hats, but I could be wrong

Not a clue but yet again, just like the Carew, here is that same Uggla card in an auction that ended April 14th.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...66w969bimEobCY%2F%2BY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And the time before that one.

I don't get it and wonder how much he actually makes on these flips.

Members online

Latest posts