Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fastest place to get holders for BGS submission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebigoriole81

Dec 7, 2008
Looking to take advantage of the BGS special and saw that my card shop here in town has gone out of business. Does anybody know of a place that can ship me some card holders for BGS submission by Friday if I place the order today?

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Since Wieters is VERY well-known in my ol' Bawlmer, I didn't think there was a baseball card shop closing around here...

Nice to know there's a good Wieters collector out there (like myself).

thebigoriole81

Dec 7, 2008
trademhigh said:
I thought you don't need the holders.

Supposedly you have to submit in a CardSaver I or similar in a penny sleeve. I've got plenty of sleeves and toploaders, but no CardSavers...

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
thebigoriole81 said:
trademhigh said:
I thought you don't need the holders.

Supposedly you have to submit in a CardSaver I or similar in a penny sleeve. I've got plenty of sleeves and toploaders, but no CardSavers...

You dont have to its just suggested.

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
You can send in with toploaders. They only recommend the card savers. Ive sent in with toploaders with no problems.

thebigoriole81

Dec 7, 2008
Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just ship out in toploaders if I can't find the card savers around here...

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
If I may add my two cents here:

Go the any post office. They have free 'flat rate boxes' for the taking, take a few.

Place each card in a penny sleeve. And then cut a toploader size piece of cardboard. tape the toploader to the cardboard and sandwich one on top of another, tape together as necessary. Wrap in bubble wrap and you will be all set.

I just submitted 141 cards to BGS doing it this way, though I had tons of cardboard boxes in the basement.....I have a pair of black and decker electric scissors that works wonders for these occasions. Fit in a nice box and cost 20 bucks to mail with insurance, they received it just fine the other day.

Taking 141 cards out of toploaders is difficult and time consuming. They just want to expedite things. a piece of tape on the top and bottom of each sleeve (taped to the cardboard) takes two seconds. Remember to fold each piece of tape over on itself to create a tab for them to pull to remove easier.

Members online

Latest posts