Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why are eBay bidders so worthless lately???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod812

Sep 14, 2008
GR, Michigan
So my last 3 items I've sold have been to bidders who will be blocked. You might want to consider as well

6/16 I sell my lebron James chrome RC bgs 9.5 for best offer of $130. Send invoice and the whole 9 yards. 6/20 still no payment and I email to politely ask when payment will be sent. Get a email back saying they don't get paid til Saturday and will pay then.

6/16 I also sell my Jerome bettis limited gold auto /15. 6/20 no payment yet so I email this person as well asking when payment will be made. Emails me back saying he had just sent a echeck and it won't clear til the 27th

6/19. I sell my pujols sterling 1/1 patch for $225 to cardkid28. No payment was made as of now and this morning he emails saying he bought a different pujols 1/1 at better price and doesnt plan on paying for my item now. This loser I suggest you block.

At least the other buyers plan on paying, for now. eBay had been smooth as peanut butter lately with buyers too

arod812

Sep 14, 2008
GR, Michigan
I mean I don't sell a lot compared to a lot of guys on here like 50 items past few months but never had a problem til my last 3 deals at all.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Four days isn't much to get ******* into a bunch about. Be happy they pay at all. I have only issues with newer card sales of paying, typically if a guy gets cold or hurt after the sale.

Also Echecks are accepted forms of payment by paypal, I don't know if you can get around that.

Sounds like you should set up your Ebay for immediate payment BIN's not auctions.

arod812

Sep 14, 2008
GR, Michigan
They were all best offers actually. I wasn't also getting "my ******* in a bunch". Just confirming when payment could be expected. I plan on filing a npb on the pujols buyer not canceling the transaction.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Sorta the flip side of your experience. As a buyer, two recent items Ive bought (from different sellers):

#1 Item bought on a Tuesday night - by Thursday afternoon I get a message saying seller is going out of town and I need to send payment so that he can get the card out in a timely manner. Seriously 40 hours had gone by since auction end, and Im getting pressed. Ironically the seller had other items ending on the next 3 consecutive days and even had put up some new listings up. I wanted to ask how he planned to fulfill these ending auctions and why he was listing new stuff if he was going to be away. I was actually waiting on another card he had ending saturday, but decided to pass. I really felt he was fabricating a story to speed up payment. I cant stand liars. Is dropping a neg for that out of line? (Ive left 1 neg ever, but really just soured the transaction for me, and just letting others know I didnt enjoy my transaction)...I just checked out without the other item and figured Id make a collective feedback decision depending on how the card was shipped/condition/packaging/delivery time.

#2 Item bought on a Sunday night - by Tuesday lunch I get an email saying card is packed up ready to ship waiting on payment blah blah blah. I actually think I got a good deal on the price...I was just watching a few other items from this seller.

Do messages like this discourage you from wanting to pick up more/deal with a particular seller, and do you think sellers realize this can cost them combined business?

I can understand sending a message if 4-5 days go by and no payment, but 24-48 hrs seems to be becoming more normal.

arod812

Sep 14, 2008
GR, Michigan
Yeah I rarely get those when I buy because I usually pay immediately. Unless im expecting funds or have to wait a few days to get paid to pay. If the guy was going to echeck he could have sent it several days prior and if the other buyer told me it would be almost 10 days before he could pay I'd have never counter offered. I mean when he wins a ring in game 5 it will be a easy sale

A_Pharis

Art:

#1: Absolutely don't drop a negative. If the guy IS going out of town - and you pay right as he leaves so he can't ship out - you know you'd be in here making a post about how he is slow to ship. The guy was letting you know he was going out of town, and that seems pretty courteous. Many sellers live normal lives and have jobs that may require them to be out of town. They may even have a family to take on vacation. He has the option to make a setting change on eBay that will notify buyers in the listings that he will be away from town. I've seen many sellers do it, and I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

#2: This seller sounds like he's prompt. I pay within 2 or 3 hours of winning auctions (at the most) so it's not hard to believe that a seller is on the ball. You should probably send him a nice email back letting him know you have more from him that you may plan to buy.

Without seeing either of the messages you've talked about, I can easily say that neither seem over the top (or even close) nor do they warrant a negative.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
#1 here is the other problem with ebay/buyers. Because sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore, too many buyers are willing to leave negatives for asinine reasons. You seriously would give a negative because someone asked you about timing of payment. What if he actually IS going out of town? I guess then you'd have to wait a few extra days for your item to be shipped and you'd probably then leave a negative for it taking too long?? But damn a seller for wanting to be a good seller and get your item out in a timely manner, especially because ebay now relies so heavily on their star ratings, one of which includes timing to ship an item. And if you don't think a buyer would knock those stars down because the buyer waited to pay, therefore, seller waits to sell, you are sadly mistaken.

Why not just email him back and say ... hey, I'm waiting on another item of yours end later this week and will pay them. No worries about shipping when you get back into town. Simple communication easily resolves this "pressing" issue.

If people would just look at things from BOTH the buyer AND seller side, life on ebay would probably be so much easier.

Sorta the flip side of your experience. As a buyer, two recent items Ive bought (from different sellers):

#1 Item bought on a Tuesday night - by Thursday afternoon I get a message saying seller is going out of town and I need to send payment so that he can get the card out in a timely manner. Seriously 40 hours had gone by since auction end, and Im getting pressed. Ironically the seller had other items ending on the next 3 consecutive days and even had put up some new listings up. I wanted to ask how he planned to fulfill these ending auctions and why he was listing new stuff if he was going to be away. I was actually waiting on another card he had ending saturday, but decided to pass. I really felt he was fabricating a story to speed up payment. I cant stand liars. Is dropping a neg for that out of line? (Ive left 1 neg ever, but really just soured the transaction for me, and just letting others know I didnt enjoy my transaction)...I just checked out without the other item and figured Id make a collective feedback decision depending on how the card was shipped/condition/packaging/delivery time.

#2 Item bought on a Sunday night - by Tuesday lunch I get an email saying card is packed up ready to ship waiting on payment blah blah blah. I actually think I got a good deal on the price...I was just watching a few other items from this seller.

Do messages like this discourage you from wanting to pick up more/deal with a particular seller, and do you think sellers realize this can cost them combined business?

I can understand sending a message if 4-5 days go by and no payment, but 24-48 hrs seems to be becoming more normal.

arod812

Sep 14, 2008
GR, Michigan
I had a talk with someone at eBay about the buyers not getting negative feedbacks. Says they will never change it back like it used to be. "if the buyer pays for the item no matter how long it takes, they lived up to their end of the deal" "you cant leave buyer a negative as they paid"

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Four days isn't much to get ******* into a bunch about. Be happy they pay at all. I have only issues with newer card sales of paying, typically if a guy gets cold or hurt after the sale.

Also Echecks are accepted forms of payment by paypal, I don't know if you can get around that.

Sounds like you should set up your Ebay for immediate payment BIN's not auctions.

Wow?!!!?!?!? What an great opening comment.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Art:

#1: Absolutely don't drop a negative. If the guy IS going out of town - and you pay right as he leaves so he can't ship out - you know you'd be in here making a post about how he is slow to ship. The guy was letting you know he was going out of town, and that seems pretty courteous. Many sellers live normal lives and have jobs that may require them to be out of town. They may even have a family to take on vacation. He has the option to make a setting change on eBay that will notify buyers in the listings that he will be away from town. I've seen many sellers do it, and I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

#2: This seller sounds like he's prompt. I pay within 2 or 3 hours of winning auctions (at the most) so it's not hard to believe that a seller is on the ball. You should probably send him a nice email back letting him know you have more from him that you may plan to buy.

Without seeing either of the messages you've talked about, I can easily say that neither seem over the top (or even close) nor do they warrant a negative.

No, I was only peeved about #1. #1 continued to list stuff (yet claimed he would be away so he HAD to have my payment IMMEDIATLEY). So, if he is a promt/good seller as you assume and defend him to be, why would a promt/good seller continue to list MORE items that he wont be able to fulfill timely shipping (and keep his status as a prompt/good seller) when he knows he is going out of town? That doesnt make sense. This card could be percieved as being slightly overpaid for by me, and I felt he was just trying to prevent a case of buyers remorse (not that I havent ever not paid for anything). If he was a good seller he should look at my bid retractions (0) and feedback. He also had stuff ending on Sat/Sun/Mon and had listed more stuff on 7 day (ending Wed/Thurs). So do you really buy the pay now or else...

I can only deduce then that is "vacation" can only be 1-day (Tuesday) if he we expected to provide the same level of shipping service for all his customers as he wanted to provide for me. You guys cant see this as him using cheap tactics?

Thank you for also making assumptions about what I would or wouldnt do. No I wouldnt make a post about slow shipping. I am one of those guys you speak of having normal job/life, so if I wait a few days to pay either due to being busy or because I may decide to pick up a few more items, I also dont expect my item to arrive in 2 days...

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
#1 here is the other problem with ebay/buyers. Because sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore, too many buyers are willing to leave negatives for asinine reasons. You seriously would give a negative because someone asked you about timing of payment. What if he actually IS going out of town? I guess then you'd have to wait a few extra days for your item to be shipped and you'd probably then leave a negative for it taking too long?? But damn a seller for wanting to be a good seller and get your item out in a timely manner, especially because ebay now relies so heavily on their star ratings, one of which includes timing to ship an item. And if you don't think a buyer would knock those stars down because the buyer waited to pay, therefore, seller waits to sell, you are sadly mistaken.

Why not just email him back and say ... hey, I'm waiting on another item of yours end later this week and will pay them. No worries about shipping when you get back into town. Simple communication easily resolves this "pressing" issue.

If people would just look at things from BOTH the buyer AND seller side, life on ebay would probably be so much easier.

What if he WASNT actually going out of town? How would you recieve his message?

The evidence of his other listings and continually listing new items didnt sound like the a concerned seller going out of town. The concious seller going out of town would NOT set up more listings that he couldnt fulfill. The other listings didnt include any kind of out of town warning as someone else suggested.

So the whole thing just turned me off that the D-hole wanted payment 40 hours after completion and felt like to me he fabricated a story to try to reel in quick payment.

I dont feel obligated to tip off a seller of my buying intentions.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
It just makes sense, don't bid if you can't pay. Heck if there was even a shadow of a doubt that I could pay for something I wouldn't bid. Simple. The sad
part is that ebay has made it ok to renege on deals. A guy can do this twice without any action.

If a guy doesn't pay me, I just wait until he has actions up and then win one and then drop the negative. They will learn.

Kevin

A_Pharis

Art: I see sellers list all of the time right before seeing this message attached to the listings:

"The seller is currently on vacation. They will be back on..."

There's also one for future notice of being away. It happens, guy. He was probably trying to be courteous so that you wouldn't have a s*** fit over it getting shipped when he got back (which would have happened).

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Art: I see sellers list all of the time right before seeing this message attached to the listings:

"The seller is currently on vacation. They will be back on..."

There's also one for future notice of being away. It happens, guy. He was probably trying to be courteous so that you wouldn't have a s*** fit over it getting shipped when he got back (which would have happened).

Again, guy, there you go again making assumptions for me. I already stated he didnt put up any away messages in his new listings. Ive seen these messages too, there werent any.

Why do you always side step the facts in what people present and go off on your tangents and assumptions?

The fact you have never addressed is why would he continue to put up new listings if going out of town? Given the fact he was still listing...it didnt add up. I percieved this as a ploy not courtesy, which left a negative experience in my mind about this seller, this transaction, and passing on the other card I intended to pick up.

Members online

Latest posts