Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why are eBay bidders so worthless lately???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
All I can say is I always pay. But it never fails that something I'm watching is ending several days before I get paid. And I have to set a budget every week for cards. Once it's gone, I don't use anything else. So unfortunately, I can't always pay right away. But...I always pay. And usually people get jumpy after 3 or 4 days but I always let them know what's up and I always pay. Even on here. You can ask around. I always pay!

Now, if I am wrong for this and people would prefer that I pay immediately, I can do that too. But you know what, there's a lot of people who will lose a lot of money. And not just from me. But from every person just like me.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
This is my philosophy when bidding. I've funded many of my purchases over the past 2 years by selling off stuff. I typically have a target card I'm going after and will sell until I meet the amount that I need. If one comes up that looks nice but I don't yet have the amount I need, but will within a week, I don't bid. I only bid/BIN when I have the money on hand at the moment I hit the submit button for the listing. I won't spend money that I don't have yet.

Yeah man but that can be hard to do. Auctions end every day of the week. Ebay gives ya seven days. If a seller wants to, they can ask that immediate payment be required or at the very least specify when payment is due. You know how many cards I wouldn't own, and how many sellers wouldn't make money, if I had to wait until I had the funds for every purchase I've ever made? Plus, my collection would suck too. Instead of having what I do now, I'd have whatever was ending that weekend.

My take is, if you want immediate payment, just specify it. I'll abide. But don't give me a tool (7 days to pay) and expect me not to use it. It's to both of our advantages. In the case of a BIN, you've got the item as good as sold. In the case of an auction, without my bid you would have gotten less and the item is as good as sold. And it helps me too, for my collection.

Members online

Latest posts