Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is your NL MVP right now?

Who is your NL MVP now

• Andrew McCutchen

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Buster Posey

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • David Wright

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Ryan Braun

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Yadier Molina

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think in the past month two interesting candidates have come into the mix - Buster Posey and Yadier Molina. Both are offensive forces on their team while playing the most important position on the diamond.

I think at this point there are really on five people in contention - with two them (Braun and Wright) most likely not to win b/c of their teams position in the standings. I see however these 5 being the top 5.

My top 5 right now:

1. McCutchen
2. Molina (not very far behind either)
3. Posey
4. Braun
5. Wright

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Only joking of course but quote this: "Todd Frazier will get votes for MVP".

Nobody really fits the current mold of being the best player on the division leading team.

Johnny Cueto is still quietly plugging along with the best ERA and win total in the NL. His WAR according to Baseball-Reference is only surpassed by David Wright (tied with Cutch).

All things considered I think it's Cutch and wouldn't be mad at all.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Only joking of course but quote this: "Todd Frazier will get votes for MVP".

But the bigger question is this: Does Melky Cabrera get any votes? He was certainly a big part of getting the Giants in contention, and it looks like he will end up leading the NL in hitting.

Back on topic, my vote goes to Cutch.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I wish Jonathan Lucroy wouldn't have gotten hurt. I'd love to know if this season is for real. Coming back from injury as strong as he did is a good sign. If he projected the way he played, with the games added back in, he'd have to be in the discussion with Yadi and Buster.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I wish Jonathan Lucroy wouldn't have gotten hurt. I'd love to know if this season is for real. Coming back from injury as strong as he did is a good sign. If he projected the way he played, with the games added back in, he'd have to be in the discussion with Yadi and Buster.

I agree. If he would have been able to sustain the numbers he has now all season long, he would've been in the discussion. Then again, it's just incredibly difficult for any catcher to sustain those type of numbers. But what a great asset Lucroy has been for the Brewers.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Quite the change the past few weeks. Here is who I have now:

1. Posey
2. Braun
3. McCutchen
4. Molina
5. Holliday
6. Wright
7. Stanton
8. Bruce
9. Heyward
10. Votto

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Do you agree that it would probably be Votto if he hadn't gotten hurt? I don't really know who deserves it now. The Pirates have collapsed completely. If the Brewers somehow get in, I would have to give it to Braun I think. But if not, I don't know. Maybe Cutch despite the collapse?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Do you agree that it would probably be Votto if he hadn't gotten hurt? I don't really know who deserves it now. The Pirates have collapsed completely. If the Brewers somehow get in, I would have to give it to Braun I think. But if not, I don't know. Maybe Cutch despite the collapse?

I think it's safe to say Votto would be in the top 3...I mean he's one of the greatest hitters in baseball now but we don't know what he would've done with 200 extra ABs.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I think it'll probably end up being Braun; but my vote would be for Molina. I dom't think anyone in the game has been as valuable to their team. In the wake of Pujols leaving he has really stepped up at the plate and continued his dominance defensively.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Cutch and braun don't get it if their teams end up not making the playoffs. Posey is probably the frontrunner now and has a great story.

I agree, I really think Posey would take it if the season ended today. BUT....it's not a runaway right now and if by some miracle the Pirates or Brewers make the playoffs, like you said, I think either one takes it over Posey. It's a shame b/c Posey is having a historic second half that hardly anyone is noticing.

Members online

Latest posts