Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kendry Morales traded for Jason Vargas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
What do you all think?

I think it really makes sense for both sides. LAA needed another arm, the Mariners have been begging for some awesome firepower.

skrip

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Good for both teams. Angels needed another quality big league pitcher to solidify the depleted rotation and back up that stacked lineup; the M's need offense, and Kendrys is at least a quality bat with power, another year removed from his injury and he could return to his 900+ OPS form.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I definitely would have preferred Trumbo, I just don't have faith in Kendry being able to stay healthy.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Value wise, I just don't see how we made this trade. Jack Z said last week that he is going to make a trade that is not good for us, I'm wondering why he chose to acquire the 3rd best first baseman on a team who needs pitching extremely bad, who has injury issues, and for all we know could be 30+

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
It's a good move for both sides. Pujols/Hamiltons signing and Trumbos emergence really made him expendable. Also, Kendrys can be a FA following this season...so he would have been a goner anyways. This also reunites Vargas with his college teammate Jered Weaver.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The M's have had so many good hitters that did great elsewhere only to come to Safeco and suck..

Although they are moving the fences in so he might hit more than last years team leaders..

BA - Montero .260
HR - Seager 20
RBI - Seager 86

Latest posts