Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Deck Ceo Richard McWilliam passed away. Good or Bad for UD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Upper Deck Announced Richard P. McWilliams has Passed Away

Didn't see this posted yet. Saw it on their facebook page. I can't post the link because I'm on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Upper Deck's Richard McWilliam passed away over the weekend

Just saw this on Facebook from Upper Deck. Not sure of the details but thought it was thread-worthy.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Does this mean I should abandon hope when it comes to my UD redemptions now?

RIP.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
RIP Richard.... You will not be forgotten.

As for UD... It will most likely not effect them in the short term, but with any privately held company that loses it's owner, the future is VERY uncertain.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
Does this mean I should abandon hope when it comes to my UD redemptions now?

RIP.

Do You think when people at UD tip people tjey give them a slip agree their tips can be redeemed at? And how Long untill they get them lol

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Absolutely, unequivocally, and certainly good for the company.

Then again, Upper Deck has no finances nor the personal to redirect this ghost ship.

If nothing else, he left a mark on the hobby. A pickled, overvalued and hologram stamped mark with more than a few shades of sleeziness.

The dirty and slimy industry wakes up a bit cleaner today, but still drunk on liquor, ego and memories of a bygone era.

Rest in stupor.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx
Absolutely, unequivocally, and certainly good for the company.

Then again, Upper Deck has no finances nor the personal to redirect this ghost ship.

If nothing else, he left a mark on the hobby. A pickled, overvalued and hologram stamped mark with more than a few shades of sleeziness.

The dirty and slimy industry wakes up a bit cleaner today, but still drunk on liquor, ego and memories of a bygone era.

Rest in stupor.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

Hear!! Hear!!

Members online

Latest posts