Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

a small question on requesting a auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I just got a game used ball from a game from my favorite player Ryan Howard. Here is what the ball is from "100% Authentic Philadelphia Phillies game-used Ryan Howard foul ball baseball from June 12th, 2011. This was hit by Ryan Howard in the 5th inning in a pitch by Doug Davis that ended with Ryan Howard hitting a foul ball off it. The Phillies ended up winning this game 4-3 with Roy Oswalt getting the win. This baseball was purchased directly from the Philadelphia Phillies and includes a tamper-proof MLB authentication hologram sticker. 100% authentic MLB game-used basball."
Now I would love to get him to auto it. I found this site here and I don't know if it is legit. Should I send money or does anyone know where to send it to get it auto 'd.
Thanks for any info
Here is what I found:

★ Ryan Howard Address

ugafan247

Jul 15, 2011
So you are looking to do a ttm auto request correct?
If you are, I would most definitely not try that auto. With someone as popular as Ryan Howard, to not see any attempts at this address leads me to believe that this is either a non-working/incorrect address.
I know you probably will not like this possibility, but with something that you value/has value, I would only do that through a signing/event. He is a very inconsistent and unfriendly person ip from my experience.
However, this is just my experience and speculation. Best of luck getting that signed. Would be a cool story behind an even nicer piece.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
So you are looking to do a ttm auto request correct?
If you are, I would most definitely not try that auto. With someone as popular as Ryan Howard, to not see any attempts at this address leads me to believe that this is either a non-working/incorrect address.
I know you probably will not like this possibility, but with something that you value/has value, I would only do that through a signing/event. He is a very inconsistent and unfriendly person ip from my experience.
However, this is just my experience and speculation. Best of luck getting that signed. Would be a cool story behind an even nicer piece.

Thanks for the input. I didnt know that about him. Do you think it is safe to send it to the Phillies org.? I saw somewhere in 2011 someone sent something to the Phillies org. and he signed it. But being i live right here near Philly i may wait to see if he does a signing soon.

ugafan247

Jul 15, 2011
Thanks for the input. I didnt know that about him. Do you think it is safe to send it to the Phillies org.? I saw somewhere in 2011 someone sent something to the Phillies org. and he signed it. But being i live right here near Philly i may wait to see if he does a signing soon.

I have sent different things over the years to the Phillies. Most of the big stars on the Phillies (aka Halladay, Lee, Utley, Hamels, Howard) have people handle their mail by opening their letters and placing a pre-printed autograph and letter in the return letter. Their have been successes few and far between over the years, but nothing consistent.
If you want to take a chance, be my guess, but at the same time be warned that there is a VERY high chance that if you do send that, you will either have it returned to you or you might not see it again.
Personally, I would recommend that you wait for a chance to meet him in person. It might cost you an arm and a leg, but it would be much safer than a mail request.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'd also recommend doing it IP at the Park or a signing.

But I gonna warn you it might be a while. He doesn't sign much at the park and hasn't done a Store appearance since his "exclusive" deal with a local store ran out late '09 or so.

And if he does do one Local, it'll probably be pricey. Utley did his first Public apprearance since '08 at the Philly show last month and it was $110ish. Halladay doesn't do much Locally either...

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I'd also recommend doing it IP at the Park or a signing.

But I gonna warn you it might be a while. He doesn't sign much at the park and hasn't done a Store appearance since his "exclusive" deal with a local store ran out late '09 or so.

And if he does do one Local, it'll probably be pricey. Utley did his first Public apprearance since '08 at the Philly show last month and it was $110ish. Halladay doesn't do much Locally either...

Well i look at it like this. He will he hurting for attention in the furture when ever he stops playing. Im sure he will start to do more signings.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well i look at it like this. He will he hurting for attention in the furture when ever he stops playing. Im sure he will start to do more signings.

Not every player is that way. There are quite a few of them that go into recluse mode...

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
You could test it by sending a card. Like an A&G or something. Test how long response takes. But with Spring Training starting soon, that address--if legit--will probably be ignored for a long time. I agree with the others--save it for an IP opportunity.

Members online

Latest posts