Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors - Danbury Mint 22KT cards - did you know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Just something small I learned today, thought I'd pass on the knowledge if it might help player collectors learn about a new card...

Danbury Mint 22KT gold plated cards are pretty well known. What I didn't know is that there are up to 3 variations for certain players (and 4 for at least one player - Barry Bonds). The originals were issued between 1996-2002, then there was a 2003 update, and a 2007 update. Beckett only catalogs these as 1996-2003 Danbury Mint. For Grace, there was a 2000 copyright card with Cubs logo, 2003 copyright card with Diamondbacks logo, and 2007 copyright card with Cubs logo. Stats are updated on each card.

Some players have cards with 3 different teams, 3 different copyright years; some with 2 different teams, 3 different years; and some with 1 team, 3 different years.

I, for one, didn't realize there was a 2007 update. I had the 2000 and 2003 variations, since they were easy to spot for Grace (one is Cubs, one is Arizona), but didn't know to look for the 2007 update version, which has him back as a Cub. Kinda cool that there are uniform changes between the Cubs cards - patches and pinstripes.

So if your player has one of these cards, you might have 1 or 2 new variations to look for.

$(KGrHqNHJBEFEK)mbGJbBRHltH7POw~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16VHJG!E9nm3p3guBRHltUsqp!~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This is interesting to see because I was actually tipped off last week by an eBay auction which had a few various Belle Danbury cards... the seller and I exchanged PMs about the cards and I started to realize there were more than one version of the Belle. I know of a Cleveland and Baltimore version... could there we a Chicago? Anyways, good research. I have the Baltimore Belle but am going to try and get an Indians one if I can.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
I think ripken has only one, that I know of.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This is interesting to see because I was actually tipped off last week by an eBay auction which had a few various Belle Danbury cards... the seller and I exchanged PMs about the cards and I started to realize there were more than one version of the Belle. I know of a Cleveland and Baltimore version... could there we a Chicago? Anyways, good research. I have the Baltimore Belle but am going to try and get an Indians one if I can.

There are 2 Baltimore Belle Versions, one with a 2000 copyright/stats through 1999 and one with a 2002 copyright/stats through 2000. There's also a Cleveland 2002/2000 version.

$(KGrHqV,!okFDyjn6GyEBRFU597UHw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!g4FEVBWGVpfBRFU6Ihqjg~~60_57.JPG

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Ok ok ok I pulled the trigger... Here are all three... For the love of player collecting lol

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1362923149.435705.jpg

(Yes from eBay)

---
Looking for Albert Belle! PM me!

Members online

Latest posts