Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Legend Never ceases to amaze me!! WOW Montero style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
He's beat my badly on the last 2 Montero Contenders. I'm glad I was able to get my 2 Montero autos before he started attacking the auctions.

Allen

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Bruin7 said:
He's beat my badly on the last 2 Montero Contenders. I'm glad I was able to get my 2 Montero autos before he started attacking the auctions.

Allen

I am glad board members got at least 4 of them before they diappeared from the colleccting world forever. The worse case scenario for a collector is for wossa to start buying your player. The best case scenerio for a seller is for wossa to start buying your player.

That simply menas that he will be in the montero gold/orange/red/super market.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
you dont think a gold refractor auto will top that?

A gold montero will slaughter that price, but a base will not come close. Contenders are base autos and his out of 39 will be closer to the blue refractor price. CHROME IS STILL KING especially the blue and up parallels.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
ThoseBackPages said:

A gold montero will slaughter that price, but a base will not come close. Contenders are base autos and his out of 39 will be closer to the blue refractor price. CHROME IS STILL KING especially the blue and up parallels.

But isnt this contenders card limited to 39 copies?

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
Bruin7 said:

Allen

I am glad board members got at least 4 of them before they diappeared from the colleccting world forever. The worse case scenario for a collector is for wossa to start buying your player. The best case scenerio for a seller is for wossa to start buying your player.

That simply menas that he will be in the montero gold/orange/red/super market.

I believe he already owns both supers and a red.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
ThoseBackPages said:
ThoseBackPages said:

uhhh blues sell for under a 100

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
ThoseBackPages said:

yep, but you know as well as I do habits die hard. I would much prefer the Contenders "rc" over anything below a gold because I too love the look of them.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Does he have a new movie coming out or something? Maybe he just got a big payday in advance?

:lol:

JasonVT

Aug 17, 2008
I wasn't planning on picking up the contenders autos, because I didn't like the look of it for the price (would rather have a BDP parallel), but I hope I get a shot at one of the other red refractors.

He won the only other one I've seen with a best offer a little above mine. I guess realistically I should be glad I got my gold ref when I did!

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
He really likes Jesus Montero as well as Wilmer Flores. My second Montero just came in today and I doubt I'll be able to get another. I can't believe he drove the price of last night's auction to $330+. Personally I think this will be a very pricey card since there are only 39 released. And He's been keeping the Wilmer Flores redemption at high prices as well.

Contenders_MonteroSP39.jpg

$175 BIN - thank god he didn't see this one

Contenders_Montero39.jpg

$249 - much higher than i wanted to pay but the centering is the best one out of all that have been released thus far

Allen

Members online

Latest posts