Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wanted to share my newest PC pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

james5348

Feb 2, 2009
Pretty excited about this one. got it for a good deal. not going anywhere but on my display case in my office. also showing off a couple other pc items recently picked up. Enjoy

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
You and I think alike. I own the top three cards in the second scan.

I have all the nabisco cards from both releases. Gotta love on card hof cards.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

james5348

Feb 2, 2009
I really do like the Nabisco autos. I even got the COA with this one. If you have any yankee duplicates shanks. pm me.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Awesome Yankees cards! I thought you were a Cubs fan for some reason. I guess that's another James.

Here's an odd tidbit about the Maris rookie:
A large percentage of the '58 Topps Maris cards you see are scuffed on the front or have white marks like yours. Mine is too and you'll see tons on eBay that way.
It's not as apparent in some of the eBay thumbnails, but if you click on the images you'll see the white scuff marks.
As a vintage Yankees collector, I've noticed this since the '80s. It must have been the location of the card on the printing sheet. Very odd how that ended up happening to such an important card.

james5348

Feb 2, 2009
didn't know that Austin. This one also has a pinhole on his right forearm. that's why I got it at a decent price. I wanted it for my pc. and I love the fact that someone had it pinned up somewhere like the used to do in the old days

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
didn't know that Austin. This one also has a pinhole on his right forearm. that's why I got it at a decent price. I wanted it for my pc. and I love the fact that someone had it pinned up somewhere like the used to do in the old days
I have an extra '58 Mantle with a pinhole at the top. I think it's cool too. Adds character and makes you think how much a kid must have loved the card to hang it up.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I remember those Nabisco autos! It's hard to believe that Don Drysdale has been dead for 20 years...he had an auto in that set, and not many made their way out. I sent in for the whole set, and got an extra Phil Niekro in place of my Drysdale. At that time, Hunter was such a common auto, too bad he died so young as well.

Members online

Latest posts