Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is/was your favorite player to watch play?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I'm just curious to see who other's liked to watch play. It can be a current player or someone who is now retired. I really enjoyed watching Greg Maddux pitch and would watch him any chance I got.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Thinking outside of "hometown" guys....Ichiro and Jim Edmonds were always worth going out of your way to see

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Two former Twins that I really enjoy/ed are Johan Santana and Torii Hunter. When Sanatana was in his prime, he was untouchable. Torii Hunter just always went all out in the field, and hustled. I really do miss seeing them in Twins uniforms

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I lived about 45 minutes away from Kinston, NC in the early 90s and so I enjoyed watching Indians prospects before they were called up. Joey Belle, Manny Ramirez, to name a few.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Many Cubs fans forget the how unbelievable it was to watch Sammy Sosa for years. For a while he was the only reason to watch the Cubs.

I also love watching Andre Dawson.

Current guys - Bryce Harper and Miggy Cabrera

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Rickey Henderson.
Everytime he got on base by hit or walk, the stadium was electric with anticipation of a stolen base.
Pitchers were scared to walk him, but scared to throw a strike because he could hit a homer too.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Two former Twins that I really enjoy/ed are Johan Santana and Torii Hunter. When Sanatana was in his prime, he was untouchable. Torii Hunter just always went all out in the field, and hustled. I really do miss seeing them in Twins uniforms

It was something to see! He could make guys look pretty silly at times with that change-up.

Aside from the locals, Bo Jackson was fun to watch. The anticipation of him doing something you never seen before was enough to keep you captivated.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
All time, I loved to watch Dwight Gooden. More recently, I like to watch Verlander & Strasburg. As you can tell, I consider a great pitching performance among the pinnacle of baseball viewing.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
When he's on and even though he's now a Brave :evil:, I'd stick with Justin Upton.

As for overall, I love watching great defense, and still can't beat Asdrubal Cabrera IMO.

And in the past, I'd go with "Eck" and Billy Wagner for Closers, Keith Hernandez for defense and Mike Schmidt for both his Bat and his defense...

mmyers1978

Dec 24, 2013
I'd have to say that my favorite to watch now, is Adam Rosales. He does nothing but hustle when he is on the field, and has a great attitude toward the game.

My favorite past star would have to be Pete Rose......He was as electrifying as they get.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I will say the same thing about Rick Ankiel before he fell apart mentally. I watched him pitch a few times in AA and he was amazing. Still the best I have ever seen pitch in person.

I actually had him in mind as well. Pre-head case he was as good as any pitcher in the league

Members online

Latest posts