Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what would YOU do if you had this.....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
a tim lincecum/phil hughes 2007 sweet spot dual auto black leather glove/ gold autographs /10

thats right. numbered to /10.

sell, trade, grade first then sell. keep it. what would you do?

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
If I'm reading the OP right, it's gold pen on black leather. I'm not aware of the gold ink fading on these, anyone got scans? While I'm a Lincecum fan I'm not much of a Yankees/Hughes fan, so I'd probably sell it as is and get a Lincecum card or something else altogether for my PC.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Only grade non-rc stuff if there are none other graded, or it is landing in your pc. It will rarely increase the price of the card unless it is a unique item. As cool as it is and low #'d it is far from unique. Sweet spot duals are very common. Normally when I get something like that I try to trade it first (b/c it's more fun) and if that falls through I sell.

I really despise duals when the players have nothing in common. Sure they are both young pitchers but they play for different teams in different leagues on opposite sides of the country. One is a bona-fide MLB stud and the other is an unproven talent. This isn't nearly as far of a stretch as many duals I have seen but I still say a Lincecum/Cain or Hughes/Kennedy would be a MUCH cooler card. Sorry for the rant. I didn't mean to steal your thunder.

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
RANGERS25 said:
a tim lincecum/phil hughes 2007 sweet spot dual auto black leather glove/ gold autographs /10

ttt

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
grading is pointless on that card

you missed the time to sell that when he won the CY.

Either sell now or wait till a Yanks starter to go down and he gets called up, and then hope for good outings

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about fading on this as a lot of people have said. The silver and gold pens have held up very well, and I think the black glove leather is much better than the ball leather for holding the auto.

00288.jpg
00297.jpg
00296.jpg
00295.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
RANGERS25 said:

Forget when the ink fades...worry about when lincecum fades...
Sell before lincecum has a mediocre year...right now his prices won't get much higher...

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
Pine Tar said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":2yu2zpc0]
blanning71 said:
Pray beyond all prayers that the ink doesn't fade.

Sell it before the ink fades.
I agree here>[/quote:2yu2zpc0]

thanks. i will be sure to sell it or trade it since that is what most people are thinking. thanks guys

Members online

Latest posts