Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mailday: 2001 Topps Tribute Franchise Figures: Philadelphia Phillies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I have been very slowly piecing together the 2001 Topps Tribute master set. I have the base set and all of the single jersey and bat cards. I have four of the patch cards, and today I got this Phillies Franchise Figures card. Despite my loathing of the team depicted, I love the aesthetics of this card, with three all-time greats and three different relic pieces.

Phillies_zps76c487f6.jpeg

Here are my other four cards from the set.

zDodgers.jpg

zCart.jpg

zOrioles.jpg

Dodgers_zps0dec6162.jpeg

These just don't pop up that often on ebay. If anyone else here has others from the set, show them off here, and then trade them to me!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Nice card. Why do you "loathe" the Phillies?
That's a good question. I've known a few truly obnoxious Phillies fans. That, coupled with their 2008 championship and the 2009 playoff beating of the Rockies has made me just dislike them and want them to lose. Loathe may be a strong word, but, akin to the Yankees and Red Sox in the AL, the Phillies are the only NL team that I would enjoy seeing go 0-162.

I guess I just need a few teams to root against, and the Phillies fill that role in the NL. Great history as a team, though.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I have the Carter/Dawson and FRobby/BRobby like you and also have the Fox/Aparicio/Fisk, Murphy/Aaron/Mathews, and two others I cant think of right now

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
That's a good question. I've known a few truly obnoxious Phillies fans. That, coupled with their 2008 championship and the 2009 playoff beating of the Rockies has made me just dislike them and want them to lose. Loathe may be a strong word, but, akin to the Yankees and Red Sox in the AL, the Phillies are the only NL team that I would enjoy seeing go 0-162.

I guess I just need a few teams to root against, and the Phillies fill that role in the NL. Great history as a team, though.

That's right...1st professional team with 10,000 losses. Thank you very much.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The Phillies do have an interesting history, if not a "great." Despite being around since 1883, the A's supplanted them as the city's favorite, mostly due to three stretches as the best team in baseball. Things got so bad that the Phillies actually changed their name to the Blue Jays for two years. Even after the A's left, it was a very rare thing for the Phils to be competitive. That said, they've had some tremendous players over the years, and since the late 70s teams when they had all stars at almost every position, winning has become decidedly less rare. The OP's card is nice piece commemorating the second half of the 20th century for us.

Members online

Latest posts