Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Schilling announces retirement. Please stay off my TV now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
Yes, I got it in a text message, but he announced it on his website.

216 wins and the biggest mouth ever=No HOF to me.

1731 posts and the biggest mouth ever = No FCB HOF to me.

;) of course I kid....kind of. ;)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:

Your a tard, lol.

.600 W%
3116/711 K:BB
126 ERA+
1.13 WHIP
One of the best postseason pitchers of all time

I can see him getting in, for sure.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
scotty21690 said:
Sam Banks said:

Your a tard, lol.

.600 W%
3116/711 K:BB
126 ERA+
1.13 WHIP
One of the best postseason pitchers of all time

I can see him getting in, for sure.

May very well be.

But I can see the baseball writers holding his big mouth and low win total against him, at least for a few years.

They'll use the excuse that I have already been hearing on television. That it't not the 'Post Season Hall of Fame' and if it were he's a no doubter. But it's the HOF for the cumulative total and it's debatable.

I say no because I hate him and his low win total.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
scotty21690 said:
W% > Win total

In 02 his K:BB = 316/33

That's incredible

May be, but he's still an incredible king of douches. :lol:
Being a ****** has nothing to do with getting into the HOF, lol. You just don't like him as a person...but that doesn't mean he is not HOF worthy..

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Schilling is pretty interested in politics isnt he? Maybe he'll go that route?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
bungle77 said:
Sam, he'll have MORE time to be on your TV now. You don't think MLB Network will make him an offer?
unless they are looking to turn the mlb channel into tmz its doubtful. They are looking to interview and interact with players not have some hot headed dope just coming on to complain to hear himself speak in a attempt to stay relevant.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
What ARod does doesn't bother me because he isn't the one bringing it to light and shoving it down my throat. It's the sports writers that are trying to bring him down by bringing his dirty laundy to the public.

But Schilling has never been able to keep his mouth shut in the press and whatnot. I just personally don't like him for that. Because he's made the conscience effort to put himself out in the public forum and say ridiculous things. I hate him for the same reason some of you hate me, :lol: :lol: But I just talk on a few internet message boards to a few people who are constant members. He puts his stuff out there on a much larger scale ot douchiness.

I make no sense, I know, :lol: :lol:

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
nyc3 said:
bungle77 said:
Sam, he'll have MORE time to be on your TV now. You don't think MLB Network will make him an offer?
unless they are looking to turn the mlb channel into tmz its doubtful. They are looking to interview and interact with players not have some hot headed dope just coming on to complain to hear himself speak in a attempt to stay relevant.

Well, first they want viewers. For better or worse, Schilling will draw viewers. Then what they do with the content is up to them.

And, despite his abrasive opinions, you can't deny that the man knows the game. Could there be a better way to deliver the knowledge? Sure. But he has thoughts, insight, and knows the history of the game. Jim Rice has been on NESN for three years with none of those three.

I watch it because I like Harold Reynolds - he seemed to have some baggage before coming over.
I can't stand any more of Dan Plesac laughing at his own jokes - like he was the first person to ever say "You can't steal first base".

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
he's seriously irritating but his stats don't lie. i agree that it'll take more than hist first year of eligibility to get in but he'll make it eventually.

Members online

Latest posts