Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Johnny Cueto Signs a 6-Year $130M Deal With the Giants

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Per Buster Olney.

Opt out after 2 years.

Last edited:

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
As a Reds fan living in SF I was excited when they traded for Leake midway and I'm even more excited for the signing of Cueto. As long as my team (Reds) is in a 400 year rebuilding period I might as well watch some of my favorites playing in my hometown.

If the Giants get anything out of Samardzija they equal year WS streak may continue. As long as the Cubs don't win it I don't really care who comes out on top though.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Probably a good thing he went back to the NL, his AL stint didn't go so well.

No way Cueto's arm holds up for all 6 years of the contract, I'm surprised the Giants didn't put an elbow injury clause in it like the Red Sox did with Lackey.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Has everyone forgotten Lincecum?

Bumgarner
Samardzija
Peavy
Heston
Cain
Cueto

loaded for bear.

Lincecum probably only gets a minor league deal if the Giants take him back, Heston struggles a lot the second half and really peavy and Cain are huge question marks with health

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I cant believe the people in Cincy that cant let Cueto go. As I read FB posts and other forums, many seemed to believe that Cueto was going to be resigned back in Cincy. Couldnt these people take the hint when they traded him to KC last year? Glad he's back in the NL, especially the NL West vs the NL Central.

Fordman

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I cant believe the people in Cincy that cant let Cueto go. As I read FB posts and other forums, many seemed to believe that Cueto was going to be resigned back in Cincy. Couldnt these people take the hint when they traded him to KC last year? Glad he's back in the NL, especially the NL West vs the NL Central.

Fordman

Yeah but he was like the ONE pitching talent that was ours. We signed him and developed him.

He was a special talent. I really don't think people understand how good he was during the last three to four years. It was basically Kershaw and Johnny in the NL over that time period.

Not many guys that have his showmanship either. I'm a huge fan of the Satchel Paige, Dontrelle Willis and obviously Cueto once he went to the wiggle and shimmy.

Always seemed to just love pitching.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
With the kind of money the Giants rake in each year, they could have gotten both.

I wasn't looking at it from a Giants signing, just overall.

Who and what contract looks better. I'm a DBacks fan and a $76/mil difference is quite a lot for pitchers who I don't see as that far apart. We shall see.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts