Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dayan Viciedo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I think they were that high due in large part b/c wossa was buying them up a a frenetic pace. I think the fact that he was hitting BIN's at $150-160 just prompted more people to list them at that price.

TonyB74

Sep 13, 2008
I think that Viciedo's autos were finishing for $150+ because of his big-time power potential and the fact that his Contenders auto is his only RC to date. Copies have likely dropped below $100 for the time being because of Viciedo's slow start and the fact that he has yet to show that he can hit pitching in the U.S. I think the card will heat up and return to previous prices assuming that he doesn't have a Bowman Chrome or Chrome Draft auto if he makes a few BA hot list appearances. Wossa bought some at $150+ but I also saw several other buyers hit the BIN for any that were priced at $150+.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
He's struggling in AA.

NOT-SO HOT SHEET

Dayan Viciedo, 3b, White Sox. Like Hodges, Viciedo needs to have an above-average bat to make up for his below-average defense at third base. But with a 1-for-20 showing this week for Double-A Birmingham, Viciedo batted just .050/.136/.050. The 20-year-old Cuban defector is hitting .204/.231/.224, still searching for his second extra-base hit and his first home run.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
When i see him hit i think

Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Seriously, changes of speed leave him baffled.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
cgilmo said:

Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

You sayin' Jesus can't hit a curve ball?

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
blitzerlover said:
cgilmo said:

Juuust a bit outside.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
blitzerlover said:
cgilmo said:

...if you no help me; I say **** you Jobu, I do it myself.

(Man i hope the swear filters work)

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
aw00d05 said:
When he starts hitting...

I doubt it. I have 85%+ of the Contenders set complete.....there were a few that I refused to buy because of the inflated price, this card is one of them. I remember saying I will buy it for $75 and someone will be happy to get that price in the summer when they were buying them up like crazy for $175 during initial release (and that is another thing you have going against it as well....the set was red hot when it came out people were paying crazy prices). I mean it wasn't even a real short print at 394 copies in my eyes. I feel that the floor has not come close to being reached thus far.

jaymix79

Aug 10, 2008
I have seen him twice this year, and I have to admit I am not impressed right now. He will be a work in progress.

Latest posts