Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brett Favre can now sign with ANY team...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
flightposite said:
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:
Second most overrated QB of all-time.

That owns every single major QB record that can be had.

Play long enough, throw enough interceptions, and you too can be "one of the greatest qbs ever"!

I'm certainly not going to argue his case, because his accomplishments speak for themselves. But if you are solely basing your opinion on the fact that he threw the most interceptions in NFL history... well I can't even begin to explain how meaningless that is seeing that he also threw the most passes in the history of football.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:

Play long enough, throw enough interceptions, and you too can be "one of the greatest qbs ever"!

I'm certainly not going to argue his case, because his accomplishments speak for themselves. But if you are solely basing your opinion on the fact that he threw the most interceptions in NFL history... well I can't even begin to explain how meaningless that is seeing that he also threw the most passes in the history of football.

And I won't begin to argue football with you if you still want to argue that Brett Favre wasn't horrible with the Jets last year. He killed that team.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
flightposite said:
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:

And I won't begin to argue football with you if you still want to argue that Brett Favre wasn't horrible with the Jets last year. He killed that team.

Seeing that I never said he wasn't horrible last season, you have no worries. :D

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
I think i'd like to clarify my meaning.

Brett Favre... Good QB? Yes, for sure.

A good comparison was brought up with Emmitt Smith. Sure, Emmitt owns the record, but I wouldn't put him up there with those top tier backs of all time. Just like Favre, to me, he's in that second tier. Which is not a terrible place to be in considering how many people have played in the league. I only state that he is overrated because he's commonly placed into the same group as your Elway's, Montana's, Marino's, and such.

That is how someone I would for sure put in the top 15 QBs of all-time can be considerable overrated. And the fact that people still want him as their QB today is proof of that. Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing him lace them up for the Vikes, just to see him play at Lambeau... against them. Also, with the veritable crap sandwich the Vikes keep putting out a QB, he'd probably fit right in at his age.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
flightposite said:
I think i'd like to clarify my meaning.

Brett Favre... Good QB? Yes, for sure.

A good comparison was brought up with Emmitt Smith. Sure, Emmitt owns the record, but I wouldn't put him up there with those top tier backs of all time. Just like Favre, to me, he's in that second tier. Which is not a terrible place to be in considering how many people have played in the league. I only state that he is overrated because he's commonly placed into the same group as your Elway's, Montana's, Marino's, and such.

That is how someone I would for sure put in the top 15 QBs of all-time can be considerable overrated. And the fact that people still want him as their QB today is proof of that. Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing him lace them up for the Vikes, just to see him play at Lambeau... against them. Also, with the veritable crap sandwich the Vikes keep putting out a QB, he'd probably fit right in at his age.
Totally agree. No doubt that Favre was great. But if you're going to choose one QB to win a game for you, I'm not sure he's even top 5. Unitas, Manning, Montana, Brady, Elway are all above him IMO.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:

Because he never got hurt in his career...If Marino had the same guys he'd still have every recond and 3+ Super Bowls...

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
aw00d05 said:
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:

Because he never got hurt in his career...If Marino had the same guys he'd still have every recond and 3+ Super Bowls...

Favre's accomplishments can not lie. Marino WISHES he had Favre's talent/longevity/Super Bowl ring. I will never argue that he is the best ever, but to take away all he has accomplished, like most who don't think he is as good as he was, is simply laughable.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
flightposite said:
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:

Give just about any starting-caliber quarterback that many years, and let them get pass happy. They'll put up numbers like Favre too. Being careless and jacking the ball up, which gives you the numbers does not impress me.

Thank God for the painkillers that got Favre through those times he should have been out. Yay for drugs!

Let the Favre lovers begin their flaming of me...

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Card Magnet said:
flightposite said:
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:

Give just about any starting-caliber quarterback that many years, and let them get pass happy. They'll put up numbers like Favre too. Being careless and jacking the ball up, which gives you the numbers does not impress me.

Thank God for the painkillers that got Favre through those times he should have been out. Yay for drugs!

It's not even worth the time and effort. Teaching the blind to see is no easy task.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Card Magnet said:
flightposite said:
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:

It's not even worth the time and effort. Teaching the blind to see is no easy task.

Exactly, people love Favre blindly, they refuse to ever be rational about the subject. That's why it'll always be two extremes. Love & Rationality.

Members online

Latest posts