Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS Grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iphoner111

Aug 31, 2008
What matters more front centering or back centering, i want to send a few cards in that have perfect centering in front but off in the back....

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
iphoner111 said:
What matters more front centering or back centering, i want to send a few cards in that have perfect centering in front but off in the back....

I believe front bears more weight on the centering grade, but the back does matter. I think I read somewhere that a 9.5 centering grade is achievable only by 50-50 and 50-50 centering on the front and 40-60 or better on the back.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
iphoner111 said:

I believe front bears more weight on the centering grade, but the back does matter. I think I read somewhere that a 9.5 centering grade is achievable only by 50-50 and 50-50 centering on the front and 40-60 or better on the back.

From PSA:

GEM-MT 10: Gem Mint.

A PSA Gem Mint 10 card is a virtually perfect card. Attributes include four perfectly sharp corners, sharp focus and full original gloss. A PSA Gem Mint 10 card must be free of staining of any kind, but an allowance may be made for a slight printing imperfection, if it doesn't impair the overall appeal of the card. The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.

From BGS:

Gem Mint 9.5
Centering: 50/50 one way, 55/45 the other on front. 60/40 or better on back
Corners: Mint to the naked eye, but slight imperfections allowed under magnification.
Edges: Virtually Mint to the naked eye. A speck of wear is allowed under intense scrutiny.
Surface: A few extremely minor print spots, detectable only under intense scrutiny. Deep color, devoid of registration or focus imperfections. Perfect gloss, devoid of scratches and metallic print lines

That all being said, I have had cards that had worse than 60/40 centering on the back get 9.5's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts