Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHITE WHALE has arrived!!!!....Should be HOFer style!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I'll start it off with some bad news....last night I set my first ever automatic snipe, and it set off!! Bad news....my bid was not high enough. :cry: I have been wanting a T3 FOREVER and now I still don't have one. :lol:

[ebay:iulxmjo0]220421323677[/ebay:iulxmjo0]

So if anyone sees one of these up for auction or somewhere else [Red Sox player only!] let me know....I AM winning one of these this summer!!!

Okay enough bad news for one day! Here is mailday package #1:

doccramer39pbauto.jpg
DOC CRAMER! :) He was a great ballplayer, and this card looks AWESOME in person.....and goes great with these ones:

39playballpeacockauto.jpg
sylvesterjohnsonauto.jpg
39playballautosig-1.jpg

Should I try to go for the 39 PB autoed set???? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd

D
R
U
M
R
O
L
L

P
L
E
A
S
E

F
O
R

M
Y

W
H
I
T
E

W
H
A
L
E
!
!
!
!
!
!

BAM!!!!

edcicottem116sgca.jpg

EDDIE CICOTTE 1911 SPORTING LIFE M116!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As some of you may or may not know I am working on the 1911 M116 Sporting Life Red Sox team set....there are 22 total Red Sox cards in the set but I am going after 1 M116/player which is 17 cards. I now have 5 and working on a deal for a 6th! I thought I would NEVER own a Cicotte M116 because they NEVER show up and I figured that if it did show up that I would not be able to afford it, this one cost me $170 shipped and a huge thanks to Jays_Cards [Jordan] for helping me out with this one!

Cicotte SHOULD be in the Hall of Fame but he was banned along with Shoeless Joe for the 1919 Black Sox scandal. Cicotte participated in the scandal because he felt as if he was underpaid as compared to other pitcher of his caliber that year. So in the World Series he started 3 games winning 1 and losing 2 and the Sox ended up losing the series. For those who haven't read about the 1919 Black Sox I would recommend reading up on it...it's very interesting!!! :)

New sig comming soon!!

Thanks for looking,
-Scott

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
WOW. :eek:
Cramer= cool.

Cicotte= Holy crap awesomeness defined.

That is one of the coolest maildays I've ever seen buddy. So freakin' sweet.

Who else is in the M116 set? I don't think I've heard much about it.
So cool Scott, i'm so psyched for ya right now!

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
scotty21690 said:

Congrats, I'm trying to get my self to get into vintage, and gorgeous cards like this help.

Card looks absolutely incredible...why only an authentic grade?

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
The Cramer looks great Scotty and at a great price. Who is the player in the 1 touch I didn't know you had that one? I think you try to keep adding to the 39s what's Michael have about 15 more? Congrats on the Cicotte as well nice card and always fun to add to a set.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
rebelpawn said:
WOW. :eek:
Cramer= cool.

Cicotte= Holy crap awesomeness defined.

That is one of the coolest maildays I've ever seen buddy. So freakin' sweet.

Who else is in the M116 set? I don't think I've heard much about it.
So cool Scott, i'm so psyched for ya right now!
Thanks a ton James...I thought you might have liked it.... :mrgreen: I was so pumped about the Cicotte, I could not wait to get it in!!!

The M116's I have in hand as of now are in the sig (McConnell, Stahl, Cicotte, Hall, Lord) and look SO nice in person. :) Here is a great website that tells the whole checklist and the rarity of each card:

M116 CHECKLIST (Click on "Team" and it will sort the checklist by team...tells all of the Red Sox.)

One day I hope to obtain the Hooper from the set, and who knows if I will EVER own the Speaker from the set.....Soo expensive. :oops: This set is probably my favorite of all time, but they don't show up all that often and can get pricey...but it's all good. :cool:

Oh yeah....autoed 39 PBs look AWESOME!! I have 3 Red Sox now, not too shabby!

braves2008champs - Thanks!!! Cicotte looks even better in person. :mrgreen:

chromerookies - Thanks a lot Dan! Btw long time no see, how have you been man???

rookieaddict - You should get into vintage!! So many nice sets of great players and it's a ton of fun [not to mention, addicting ;) ]...Not sure why it has the "A" grade, the card is 100% NOT altered and at one time was graded SGC 10/1 because of caramel stain on the back and slight paper loss on the back, the front is absolutely flawless! If you need any help with the dark side then feel free to shoot me a pm! :)

birdsfan85 - The Cramer looks awesome! Thanks again for helping me out bud....the player in the one touch is Sylvester Johnson, got that one from shanks25, Syl has a very nice sig. Adding to sets sure are fun ;) And hopefully I can snag the Heinie from the set within the next couple weeks.

daveyou - Thanks Dave... :D

pghbuccos
- Appreciate it Dave...I really want to land a T3 and was pissed that I didn't win the one that was up for auction...$115 dlvd was the most I could spend at the moment so I couldnt go higher, I really wish I did though :x Looking forward to seeing your new Bay additions. :)

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Scotty, my man!

That is one heck of a mailday my friend! The Cicotte is absolutely stunning!, and the Cramer is amazing!

Congrats man!

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I am very happy for you, Scotty. Those cards are incredible........congrats, buddy!!!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
imac220 said:
Scotty, my man!

That is one heck of a mailday my friend! The Cicotte is absolutely stunning!, and the Cramer is amazing!

Congrats man!
Thanks a lot bud!....It means a lot especially because you are a Yankee fan. :mrgreen:

Jays_Cards - Thanks again Jordan! :)

Austin - Thanks! I post my "non-chrome" maildays for the ones who appreciate the old cards. :)

shanks25 - Thanks a ton Chris! The Cramer goes great with my Doerr. ;)

metallicalex777 - Thanks Alex! :mrgreen: I was very happy with the price because I thought if it ever showed up I would not be able to afford it and I figured it would sell for well over 2-300!! The front of the Cicotte is PERFECT too! :)

darocker80 - Not all White Whales are superfractors, Kenny. ;)

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Scott,

Those look awesome! I'm especially excited about the Doc Cramer! Much like myself, he was a native of The Jersey Shore and has a street named after him not too far from where I live. (Doc Cramer Blvd in Manahawkin, NJ). I should hunt one of those down for my brother who has started a vintage collection and is a BIG Jersey Shore history buff.

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
Nice additions, Scotty. I love T3's too. They look incredible in person. I'll own one at some point too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts