Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grading question, experts and novices welcome ~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Ok here is the question: Do you see a difference in the centering (front or back) I just don't see it and am wondering if it is worth re-subbing.

scan0006-1.jpg

Snider.jpg

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
cgilmo said:
grading is subjective, much like BA hot lists.

The process is up to the eye, and is far from mathematic in any way.

Different graders look at the qualities of a card differently.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement. My question is do you see a difference in centering between the three cards and is it worth re-subbing?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
EricInCT said:
cgilmo said:
grading is subjective, much like BA hot lists.

The process is up to the eye, and is far from mathematic in any way.

Different graders look at the qualities of a card differently.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement. My question is do you see a difference in centering between the three cards and is it worth re-subbing?

anything marketable that is .5 away from gem is worth resubbing

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
Ironically I think the 9.5 is the least centered of them all.

lol, I was just thinking that myself ~ not the best card but some day may demand a premium being his best auto'ed card.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The order from top to bottom is left card, middle card, right card.

You can kind of tell the centering a little better now by following the cyan line up.

graded.png

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Card Magnet said:

You can kind of tell the centering a little better now by following the cyan line up.

graded.png

thank you for your insight....Would you resubmit just one or both?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
EricInCT said:
Card Magnet said:

graded.png

I would try both again. They are so close that I couldn't tell you which was which if I didn't know the order. The centering seems to be about the same vertically as well.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Card Magnet said:
EricInCT said:
[quote="Card Magnet":1pw2jr8z]The order from top to bottom is left card, middle card, right card.

graded.png

I would try both again. They are so close that I couldn't tell you which was which if I didn't know the order. The centering seems to be about the same vertically as well.[/quote:1pw2jr8z]

You have been thanked! What program do you use for the cut and pasting of the pics?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
EricInCT said:
Card Magnet said:
EricInCT said:
[quote="Card Magnet":22at50fg]The order from top to bottom is left card, middle card, right card.

graded.png

I would try both again. They are so close that I couldn't tell you which was which if I didn't know the order. The centering seems to be about the same vertically as well.

You have been thanked! What program do you use for the cut and pasting of the pics?[/quote:22at50fg]
Jasc Paint Shop Pro...but you could use regular old Paint I think.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
Would you just resub them or will you crack and resubmit?

I cracked them after I scanned the three....along with a .5 away hanson blue ref....need it for my sig lol.

Members online

Latest posts