Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TRAVAL CASE/STORAGE CASE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Hey guys I'm really looking for a nice aluminum locking case that locks to store my cards in and take with me to shows. I'm getting to the point in my collecting that a card board box isn't cutting it and now I'm looking for something nicer to store my cards in. I anyone has any ideas or using anything nice please lmk.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
A locking laptop case or breifcase is perfect. One with a shoulder strap and combination lock. Both are perfect, they have multiple pockets.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Sweetness said:
A locking laptop case or breifcase is perfect. One with a shoulder strap and combination lock. Both are perfect, they have multiple pockets.
do you use foam so they don't move around?

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
There was a guy that was selling these a while back. Not sure if he still does but I've contacted him and will let you know what he says.

They hold 150 PSA graded cards I believe. They should work for BGS and SGC, but would hold fewer of the BGS slabs since they are thicker.

9bfy2a.jpg 2cmkg8l.jpg

They are waterproof (resistant) and resist heat up to 500 degrees I believe as well.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Jeff D said:
There was a guy that was selling these a while back. Not sure if he still does but I've contacted him and will let you know what he says.

They hold 150 PSA graded cards I believe. They should work for BGS and SGC, but would hold fewer of the BGS slabs since they are thicker.

9bfy2a.jpg 2cmkg8l.jpg
:eek: :eek: love it please lmk and it locks right? Ya all my cards are in one touches so they would fit great please let me know asap would love to buy one. By chance do you know how much they were?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The Pelican cases are the way to go. He works for them and has the special foam insert made for the inside. They're a little pricey, but outside of a very nice safe, they're about as safe as can be.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Dpanthers14 said:
:eek: :eek: love it please lmk and it locks right? Ya all my cards are in one touches so they would fit great please let me know asap would love to buy one. By chance do you know how much they were?

I asked him how much they are if he still sells them. I will let you know when I hear back.
I think they are customized Pelican cases, so they aren't cheap, but as I added above, they are watertight and heat resistant.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
Looks like a Pelican case (or a knockoff). They are very popular for gun & camera storage. The foam in them is pre-cut in 1/2" squares. You just pull out whatever is needed to get your desired shape. They are not cheap, but are top-of-the-line products.

http://www.pelican-case.com/

This 1450 BLACK CASE comes with Pelican®’s unique Pick ‘N Pluck™ foam. This foam is pre-cut which allows you to customize the interior by half inch cubes. Trace out the item you want in the case and simply pluck the foam out by hand, no tool required. You can customize your case in less than 15 minutes. Unbreakable, watertight, airtight, dustproof, chemical resistant and corrosion proof. These are some of the features of this Pelican® Protector™ Case that offers total; protection for your equipment. It is made of Ultra High Impact structural copolymer that makes it extremely strong and durable. Its exclusive 1/4" (6.4 mm) neoprene o-ring and ABS latches seal perfectly and includes an automatic purge valve for quick equalization after changes in atmospheric pressure. Your equipment can fit into the high density foam for total subjection and protection against impact, vibration or shock. A nameplate (included) can be personalized (engraved at additional cost). This case is NATO codified and tested to MIL C-4150J (Military Standard), IP-67 (Ingress Protection) and ATA (Air Transportation Association). Unconditionally Guaranteed ... forever. TEMPERATURE RATING:
MINIMUM -10º F (-23º C) MAXIMUM +210º F (+99º C)
DIMENSIONS:
INSIDE: 14-13/16" x 10-3/8" x 6" (37.6 cm x 26.3 cm x 15.2 cm)
OUTSIDE: 16" x 13" x 6-7/8" (40.6 cm x 33 cm x 17.4 cm)
LID DEPTH 1.75" (4.4 cm) CASE DEPTH 4.25" (10.8 cm)
BUOYANCY: Floats in salt water with 24.91 lbs (11.3 kg) load
APPROVALS:
IP 67, ATA Specification 300, Military Standard C-4150J

WEIGHT of Case:
With Foam: 6.40 LBS
Without Foam: 5.60 LBS

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The foam insert in these isn't the standard tear away foam that comes in these. He actually has these inserts molded out of a much higher quality foam. He's pretty high up in the company and just does these on the side to help collectors out.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
BunchOBull said:
The foam insert in these isn't the standard tear away foam that comes in these. He actually has these inserts molded out of a much higher quality foam. He's pretty high up in the company and just does these on the side to help collectors out.

Even better!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Here's a picture of his larger 350 card case:

DSCN6041.jpg

As for price, between the custom inserts, case, and shipping, it's across the board a good deal for what you get. In many instances priced better than purchasing a standard case with tear away foam...the quality of the insert is much better as it is a rigid foam.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
He got back to me and he still does sell them. They hold 250 PSA slabbed cards and they are $200 each delivered.

As far as locking I know that the sides have holes so that you can put a lock on it, but I'll double check to see if that thing in the middle is a key lock as well. I'm also making sure he's ok with people emailing him and I can PM his address to anyone that is interested.

I'm probably going to pick one up, even though I was hoping they were a little lees. They are tanks though...I think you can run them over with a car without damage to the case.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Jeff D said:
He got back to me and he still does sell them. They hold 250 PSA slabbed cards and they are $200 each delivered.

As far as locking I know that the sides have holes so that you can put a lock on it, but I'll double check to see if that thing in the middle is a key lock as well. I'm also making sure he's ok with people emailing him and I can PM his address to anyone that is interested.

I'm probably going to pick one up, even though I was hoping they were a little lees. They are tanks though...I think you can run them over with a car without damage to the case.
Is it a Pelican? I might just buy one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts