Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blog Project: Cardinals Pack Pulled Autographs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Started a FCB blog; mainly for myself, but figured I'd share. I've taken on the task of collecting an autograph of ever player to take a hack or throw a pitch in a Cardinal uniform. I'm only interested in cards featuring them as a Cardinal, and they must be pack pulled certified autographs.

In my blog I've got a list of needs and a photo gallery of what I've got. If you can help at all please let me know. Thanks for looking!

Cardinals Autograph Project

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Must be an NL Central thing...Therion has a great 'Stros collection, and I believe there is a Reds auto collector on the board as well.

Good luck with the collection. It looks like you already have a great start. I started a similar project with the Pirates a couple years ago, and ended up expanding that to include non-certified autographs. I'm now up to nearly 400 different players pictured in a Pirate uniform.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
subject to change said:
Must be an NL Central thing...Therion has a great 'Stros collection, and I believe there is a Reds auto collector on the board as well.

Good luck with the collection. It looks like you already have a great start. I started a similar project with the Pirates a couple years ago, and ended up expanding that to include non-certified autographs. I'm now up to nearly 400 different players pictured in a Pirate uniform.

Very cool collection! I'm also grabbing Cardinals prospects, but they don't make the list til they make it to St Louis. I'm still trying to decide how far back I want to go, and if I really want to include cuts and buybacks. Collecting is always an evolution I suppose, it started as wanting to get everyone who was on the 2006 WS team and has spread like wildfire.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
From my experience, it's definitely a fun project, and you should be able to pick up many of the cards pretty cheap. One suggestion...you may want to look into picking up non certified examples of some of the low numbered cards if you are unable to find certified examples. Some of the Donruss Recollection and Topps Originals cards may never surface, while you may be able to get the player to sign the same card TTM or at a show for a very reasonable cost. While it may not make your collection 'complete,' it's better than not having the player in your collection at all.

Here's the ones from 96 Leaf Signature that I have (pretty sure I have all the Cardinals):
David Bell
Andy Benes
Mike Busby
Gary Gaetti
Brian Jordan
John Mabry
T.J. Mathews
Tom Pagnozzi

Extended Series
Tony Fossas
Mike Gallego
Rick Honeycutt
Mike Morgan
Mark Petkovsek
Danny Sheaffer
Mark Sweeney
Tom Urbani

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
Started a FCB blog; mainly for myself, but figured I'd share. I've taken on the task of collecting an autograph of ever player to take a hack or throw a pitch in a Cardinal uniform. I'm only interested in cards featuring them as a Cardinal, and they must be pack pulled certified autographs.

In my blog I've got a list of needs and a photo gallery of what I've got. If you can help at all please let me know. Thanks for looking!

Damn, your sig is nice.You should try to fit Jones, Samuel, and Salas on it too.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:

Damn, your sig is nice.You should try to fit Jones, Samuel, and Salas on it too.

Thanks! Shuedini put it together for me! Went with these 3 because of the photos I had available. Very happy with it though.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Benson said:
Here's the ones from 96 Leaf Signature that I have (pretty sure I have all the Cardinals):
David Bell
Andy Benes
Mike Busby
Gary Gaetti
Brian Jordan
John Mabry
T.J. Mathews
Tom Pagnozzi

Extended Series
Tony Fossas
Mike Gallego
Rick Honeycutt
Mike Morgan
Mark Petkovsek
Danny Sheaffer
Mark Sweeney
Tom Urbani

I'll have to do some more research I didn't think Jordan, Matthews, Gallego or Urbani were in Cardinals uniforms. Thanks for the heads up. Are any of those available?

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Added a few more today...

Lee Smith
smithlee.jpg

Bill Ortega
ortega.jpg

Tom Urbani
urbani.jpg

Mike Gallego
gallego.jpg

Getting closer everyday!

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
I did this with Detroit Tigers it is pretty fun to do. Kind of surprising how many random players had Tigers autos.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Three new pickups between yesterday and today:

Kiko Calero, made a deal with Chippernate...Thanks again
Calero.jpg

Kevin Joseph
joseph.jpg

Mike Crudale
Crudale.jpg

rctdw

Sep 2, 2008
Good Luck On your collection

I have been thinking about trying to do the same thing with the tigers.

How do you formulate a list ?
Do you make a list of all players or just players with certified autos?

Thanks for the help

Ryan

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
rctdw said:
Good Luck On your collection

I have been thinking about trying to do the same thing with the tigers.

How do you formulate a list ?
Do you make a list of all players or just players with certified autos?

Thanks for the help

Ryan

I cut and pasted an all time playing roster from basebllreference.com. Then started another column and noted whether they had a auto'd card or not. At first I just went off my knowledge. Then I started searching by player on Beckett.com. They allow you to break down your search by team and card attribute, so I'd look the player up, then sort it to just auto'd cards, then sort to just cardinals cards. It was not a quick task, I would just tackle 50 guys a night while watching TV. I have more than 1900 guys in the spreadsheet. I'm just concentrating on getting back to 1965 for now. That's comprised of 130 players, at least til September call ups.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
There is a much faster way to do it. Type in the team name in Beckett's card database, and it will display all cards of that team. From there, you can use the various qualifiers on the left to view only autographs. The list is not perfect, but should be very very close to complete.

By the way, love the Calero auto. I always like cards picturing players in throwback uniforms.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts