Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

should i trade my lou gehrig button card for a....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
babe ruth auto.

i received an offer to trade for a babe ruth auto, the guy says its ben evaluated by ***. it seems to be one of those to good to be true deals, so im posting here hoping those who know better about vintage autos can help me out. im no expert when it comes to vintage autographs, so heres a scan:

Ruth.jpg

heres a copy of the email sent along with the scan: Here is the Ruth, it has been evaluated by ***, Steve Sipe which states it is good~ Let me know~ I have attached a scan of the autograph~ signed xxxx

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I wouldn't. Unless you find a Ruth auto that is evaluated very well I wouldn't trade it. Gehrig buttons are extremely scarce. There are many many more Ruth autos out there.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i wouldnt do this trade no way.
card 100 % legit, auto on a index card thing, maybe legit??

recently had a friend get denied for a mantle auto that i know he had signed in person
few years before mantles death. just dont trust any of them.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
one more tidbit of info: oneday i will have a dual signed golf score card from ruth & gehrig from a country club they played at in NY. My grandpop caddied for them. My grandma still has it, kept in a scrapbook. when she passes i will inherit it

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
the button is currently on ebay. as amazing as it is, i cant justify owning that card being recently laid off. im selling it, as weird as this sounds, AGAINST my WIFES wishes.....go figure. i told my wife i will pull it if it doesnt look like its going to get close to 1000 so i break even after fees & such.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
springfieldisotopes4 said:
the button is currently on ebay. as amazing as it is, i cant justify owning that card being recently laid off. im selling it, as weird as this sounds, AGAINST my WIFES wishes.....go figure. i told my wife i will pull it if it doesnt look like its going to get close to 1000 so i break even after fees & such.
I think this is better than trading it. Good luck I hope it goes big.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
MOFNY said:
springfieldisotopes4 said:
I think this is better than trading it. Good luck I hope it goes big.

me too. i really hate to sell it. it had 24 watchers & is at 214 with several days left

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
If you don't want to sell it unless it hits $1,000, why not just start the auction at $999.99? Totally justified for a card like this.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I would not trust *** on something like a Ruth autograph. If it was PSA certified...

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
A legitimate Ruth auto is worth much more than a Gehrig button in my opinion. I find it odd that the person that has the Ruth would want to make this trade. Also, I agree the *** is shady. Keep or sell the button.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Can't believe some of these responses. Yes, I wouldn't trade it for an unauthenticated Ruth auto. But what you should do is pay the authentication fee for the owner for PSA or JSA so you can know it's real. If it's PSA or JSA authentic, you'd be a fool to not make the trade IMO.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
Vagrant said:
Well this was certainly an interesting way to advertise an ebay auction!

thats not my intent at all. i was simply wanting input from people with more vintage auto experience than i have. there was no mention of it being on ebay until the 5th or 6th post.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
post the ruth on ebay (you can cancel afterwards), and get a psa/dna quick opinion for $7 dollars.

if it passes, get it slabbed, and made the deal of the century.

$7 well spent.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
hofautos said:
post the ruth on ebay (you can cancel afterwards), and get a psa/dna quick opinion for $7 dollars.

if it passes, get it slabbed, and made the deal of the century.

$7 well spent.

are you saying you can post a card on ebay, and psa will look at the pic in the auction and cert it for 7.00?
please clarify this as i have never heard of this. thanks

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
hofautos said:

if it passes, get it slabbed, and make the deal of the century.

$7 well spent.

Have to agree here...

Although the Gehrig button is outstanding, we are still talking a clean Ruth auto here, and if certified, would indeed go down as one of the best deals I have ever seen.

Members online

Latest posts