Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another Ebay Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I sold a card recently for around $5.00, and I offered free shipping. The buyer emailed me complaining about condition. I requested that he mail it back to me, and he demanded that I reimburse him for the shipping cost. Then I asked that he cut the card in half and then send me a scan, and then I would reimburse him. Is that unreasonable?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
lisu said:
I sold a card recently for around $5.00, and I offered free shipping. The buyer emailed me complaining about condition. I requested that he mail it back to me, and he demanded that I reimburse him for the shipping cost. Then I asked that he cut the card in half and then send me a scan, and then I would reimburse him. Is that unreasonable?

When you list stuff, you should be able to put a return policy in your auctions and note that the buyer is responsible for return shipping. If people don't like it, tough...

And your response...not unreasonable. I like it.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
If he opens a dispute about the condition, is one of the conditions of him getting his money back that he has to send the card back to you?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Glad I didn't start this thread :lol:

Can't he still leave negative feedback regardless?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
:lol: :lol:

It's always the $10 and under sales that give you the headaches! BTW, good luck with the Whale of a sale!

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
gt2590 said:
:lol: :lol:

It's always the $10 and under sales that give you the headaches! BTW, good luck with the Whale of a sale!

I know - seriously.

I'm sure he can leave negative, but he also thought that I was being rude for asking him to destroy the card and getting recorded evidence of destroying it. lol.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
If he opens a complaint with Paypal, they will tell him that it's the buyers responsibility to ship the card back to the seller.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
Great Dealz Rob said:
If he opens a complaint with Paypal, they will tell him that it's the buyers responsibility to ship the card back to the seller.

yep, and that includes paying the dc. what you did was more than fair, why would he care out ripping up the card if you are willing to refund. technically, you could make him ship it back but to attempt to avoid the neg. you did the right thing.

Members online

Latest posts