Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who plays for the championship if....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Texas Loses? (they probably won't but this is a good topic)

TCU?
Cincinatti?
Boise St?
The loser of the SEC champ?
Still Texas?

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
It won't still be Texas, I don't think. If the SEC championship is a 3 point game and Texas loses, I say play another game between Florida and Alabama. It won't happen but would be pretty cool, should Texas lose.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
It would be TCU. TCU is done playing and when Cincy loses to Pitt tomorrow, that'll put them in the championship game IF Texas would lose. However, if Cincy somehow wins tomorrow, I think they'll jump TCU in the standings and then they'll play in the championship game.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
mstng99tim said:
It would be TCU. TCU is done playing and when Cincy loses to Pitt tomorrow, that'll put them in the championship game IF Texas would lose. However, if Cincy somehow wins tomorrow, I think they'll jump TCU in the standings and then they'll play in the championship game.
You never know. Pitt lost to WVU Cinci beat them i thought.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
it depends on who wins the seccg and how it happens

if bama loses narrowly, they won't have the push to get them into the championship game should texas lose.

However Florida might have enough clout to cause a rematch if they narrowly lose to bama, and nebraska beats Texas.

If Bama or Florida wins convincingly, and Texas loses the big 12, then it should be SEC Champ / TCU for the national title.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Projections have Cinncy in the title game if Nebraska HOOKS 'EM, but only IF they beat Pitt, which I personally don't think will happen. Cinncy's D has been suspect all season, and this could be the game it catches up with them. Cinncy will probably jump TCU if they win, and be the #3 team if Texas wins.

I think TCU is the much better team, but that doesn't matter in the BCS rankings.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
It should NOT be the SEC runner up, at all. Can't be the National Champion if your not your conference champion. Plus, it would not be fair to Florida nor Bama to have to play a rematch.

tenclubber

Apr 7, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
If this happens and Cincy beats Pitt, it should for certain be Cincy. They play in a bigger conference than TCU. Nothing against TCU, I just think that the conference plays a big role.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
madman1978 said:
If Texas loses and TCU is NOT in the Championship game but rather the loser of the SEC championship game, IMO this will show once again the weakness of the BCS.
Why would you let in Bama or Florida after they got beat by the other team. I mean give it to Texas because they lost i guess but no way could or should they let the loser of the SEC championship.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Daltonb1219 said:
madman1978 said:
If Texas loses and TCU is NOT in the Championship game but rather the loser of the SEC championship game, IMO this will show once again the weakness of the BCS.
Why would you let in Bama or Florida after they got beat by the other team. I mean give it to Texas because they lost i guess but no way could or should they let the loser of the SEC championship.

IF you think about it, it would make most sense for the loser of the SEC champ go instead of Texas if they lost.

Texas would have just lost to a 4 loss team who was ranked 22, the loser of the SEC championship would have just lost to the #1 or #2 team in the nation.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Ryo1549 said:
Daltonb1219 said:
madman1978 said:

IF you think about it, it would make most sense for the loser of the SEC champ go instead of Texas if they lost.

Texas would have just lost to a 4 loss team who was ranked 22, the loser of the SEC championship would have just lost to the #1 or #2 team in the nation.
Well i dont think either would happen. But i guess we wont know until tomorrow night.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Daltonb1219 said:
Ryo1549 said:
Daltonb1219 said:
madman1978 said:

Well i dont think either would happen. But i guess we wont know until tomorrow night.

Not saying it would happen. I am just going off of your post that said "Why would they do that, they should give it to Texas still".

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
So im pretty much a fan of the Big East - I know its not the best conference, but I often think they dont get the credit they deserve - so obviously I'd want it to be Cincy.....
but I was what neutral observers thought about this :

Did Cincy lose respect - because they came out flat and needed an incredible comeback to win the game today (and lets face it, they made a lot of mistakes) and you could probably say they "should have" lost the game?

or

Did Cincy gain respect - considering those cicrumstances, along with being on the road against a tough opponent and all the pressure involved?

Like I said I was curious what neutral observers thought about that.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Remember when Ohio State Michigan did their thing... and then Ohio State got trounced.

I would like to see Texas do that to Florida (or Bama).

I love the BCS computers, but I hate the HUMAN BEINGS. When the humans know how the computers feel, they adjust their votes accordingly.

In a perfect world, the voting systems would be independent.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
pigskincardboard said:
Remember when Ohio State Michigan did their thing... and then Ohio State got trounced.

I would like to see Texas do that to Florida (or Bama).

I love the BCS computers, but I hate the HUMAN BEINGS. When the humans know how the computers feel, they adjust their votes accordingly.

In a perfect world, the voting systems would be independent.

I'd love to see that as well.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Ryo1549 said:
Daltonb1219 said:
madman1978 said:

So you'd rather see the two teams play twice?How would you consider one better than the other if they split the games.Say Bama wins(like they did today) and then replays Florida?Say Florida wins the rematch.So whos the better team?Nope.That is a bad way to do things.Once a team beats you...hell...in this day and age with so many teams going undefeated, once a team even loses a game...they should be out.Let the next guy step in.

As for everyone being up TCU's butt...whats up with that.I hate to keep bringing this up but have any of you actually looked at their schedule?Seen the teams they played?Obviously not.I'd give it to Boise St. or Cincy first.I'd prefer a playoff system to see if TCU can cut the mustard for real but since we don't have something like that...let a team who plays some heavy hitters(or at least whoever played the heaviest hitters out of the bunch) go for it.

Members online

Latest posts