Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BOX AROUND THE WORLD "2" ?...WHO WANTS IN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
Happy New Year to all :D :D

For those who helped in the first one let me take a minute and thank you all...it was work and it had a couple bumps here and there but it was fun..

any ways I was thinking of a 2nd go around, with another box..gonna take this weekend and test the waters to see if we can get enough people to do it again..

for those that dont know what Im talking about here was the first box around the world that we did last year

http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewt ... =2&t=15092

I was thinking of doing it a little diffrent this time around, which i throw the ideas around later, and sure would like some feed back and some ideas on how we can do it diffrent and fun again :D

so let me hear you out there...

"POSSIBLE" LIST...AGAIN STILL THROWING IDEAS AROUND
* WILL HAVE FIRST SHOT ...FROM 1ST BOX

1 CISCOKID23
2 IndyMann *
3 steve-a-reno
4 ballerskrip *
5 HoustonCollector
6 Lally1 *
7 Anthony K.
8 tonsofcommons

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I was in the BOX AROUND..... for the first go-round. It was fun but (constructive criticism here) took way to long. I believe it was started in January / February. I did not receive the box until December. The idea and concept is really fun but the time between shipments was brutal.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
CISCOKID23 said:

For those who helped in the first one let me take a minute and thank you all...it was work and it had a couple bumps here and there but it was fun..

any ways I was thinking of a 2nd go around, with another box..gonna take this weekend and test the waters to see if we can get enough people to do it again..

for those that dont know what Im talking about here was the first box around the world that we did last year

I was thinking of doing it a little diffrent this time around, which i throw the ideas around later, and sure would like some feed back and some ideas on how we can do it diffrent and fun again :D

You never updated box 1 after you got it back. How did it end up?
Did you end up doing well, get stuff you wanted, get shorted, etc?

I might be interested in joining again. It was fun last time.

skrip

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
Why not? Count me in again!

ANY NEW IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER , run smoother, mix it up a little...

I was thinking of having everybody send me 20 cards , a mix of autos/game used, game used autos , inserts etc and start and start the box that way ...maybe selling off what remains with in the group and using money for a team break of a case of something...

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
shanks25 said:
I was in the BOX AROUND..... for the first go-round. It was fun but (constructive criticism here) took way to long. I believe it was started in January / February. I did not receive the box until December. The idea and concept is really fun but the time between shipments was brutal.

ya it did lag a bit there for a while , ill be a bit harder on guys getting this thing moving this time around...im thinking maybe 18- 20 max

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think it only needs to be about 10-15 members. And 10-15 solid members at that. I could scrounge up 20 cards to send your way. I think you creating the box from the jump creates to much of a risk on your part.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
steve-a-reno said:
Depending on the members involved and how its ran I might be interested.

ya I already got ~PMs from miggy and boomets~, they want in ;)

the last group of guys were good with the whole thing, dont think we ran into any problems

again testing the waters this weekend , and will listen to any new ideas

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
CISCOKID23 said:

You never updated box 1 after you got it back. How did it end up?
Did you end up doing well, get stuff you wanted, get shorted, etc?

I might be interested in joining again. It was fun last time.

skrip

i ran short on time there after i got the box back ...I did get a few things back some freebies too, some stuff i need to send out that were left for a couple of guys, nothing big . I was fun more than anything...I didnt see the box being shorted but didnt get anything back that said "wow" , but again i did it more to get rid of things I couldnt get rid of and for the fun

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
I think it only needs to be about 10-15 members. And 10-15 solid members at that. I could scrounge up 20 cards to send your way. I think you creating the box from the jump creates to much of a risk on your part.

ya , I did run out of things to add and had my fingers crossed that the box made it back ;)
but again all went thru ok...

what do yo u think of the idea of selling off the remains after the box goes round to bust a group break of something ?..an auction between us...maybe sell them on the boards

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
CISCOKID23 said:
steve-a-reno said:
Depending on the members involved and how its ran I might be interested.

ya I already got ~PMs from miggy and boomets~, they want in ;)

the last group of guys were good with the whole thing, dont think we ran into any problems

again testing the waters this weekend , and will listen to any new ideas

There were a few instances of people trying to swap autos for gu, which was entirely against the rules. Also packages were supposed to be out by a certain # of days. Hell, we had people bitching an moaning that it was taking way too and then they would take even longer. I'd say those are problems. When people can't follow simple instructions that is a problem, and without a mod or someone having the ability to punish members I think you're asking for more issues.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
steve-a-reno said:
There were a few instances of people trying to swap autos for gu, which was entirely against the rules. Also packages were supposed to be out by a certain # of days. Hell, we had people bitching an moaning that it was taking way too and then they would take even longer. I'd say those are problems. When people can't follow simple instructions that is a problem, and without a mod or someone having the ability to punish members I think you're asking for more issues.
I understand your point here Steve, but I don't think a member should be punished an any way for being lazy. It should take no more than 4 days to get the box back on the road, but unless someone does something illegal like steal the thing, then they shouldn't be punished. Just a simple mental note of their ineptitude will have to do. And ban them from any future attempts.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
im thinking 15-18 members

5 autos from everyone
5 game used
5 inserts bv $5 or more
3-5 game used autos
5 prospects
5 prospect/rookie logo autos

how point of this box is gonna be to upgrade it so we can sell off the goods and buy a case of something to do a group break with everyone getting 2 teams via a random draft

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Cisco, I would definitely be in for a round 2.

Maybe limit each person to 20 cards.

5 autos
5 game used
5 inserts BV $5 or more
5 Mix (mix and match any of the three above).

Limit it to 12 people max.

That would have 240 cards in the box and then it goes on it's way. And, like last time, people can toss in freebies/extras/cards for others at their own leisure.

With less people, quicker turnaround (hopefully).

If you need any other suggestions, i will sleep on it (12:30 am here right now) and will let you know if I think of anything else.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Funny as I was thinking about the Box around the world just this morning.

I like this idea:

5 autos
5 game used
5 inserts BV $5 or more

I am in.

So basically everyone that is in the box is in for the Case break, correct?

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
Funny as I was thinking about the Box around the world just this morning.

I like this idea:

5 autos
5 game used
5 inserts BV $5 or more

I am in.

So basically everyone that is in the box is in for the Case break, correct?

YA...WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS A GOOD MIX OF STUFF ( THE IDEA IS TO GET THE BOX UPGRADED...AND THEN SELL WHATS LEFT BETWEEN US OR ON THE BOARDS/EBAY) TO COLLECT THE FUNDS TO BUY A CASE OF WHAT WE CAN DEPENDS ON THE FUNDS...

IM THINKING ( GIVE ME FEED BACK HERE )

5 AUTOS
1ST AUTO A MIN BV OF $8
2ND AUTO A MIN BV OF $15
3RD AUTO A MIN BV OF $20
4TH AUTO A MIN BV OF $30
5TH AUTO A MIN BV OF $40

AND SO ON WITH THE OTHER ITEMS ..WITH DIFFRENT VALUES OF COURSE ON THE INSERTS...ONCE THE BOX DOES ITS GO AROUND , WHEN I GET IT BACK WE SELL THE STUFF OFF AND SEE WHAT TYPE OF CASE WE CAN GET

IM THINKING 16 PEOPLE INCL MYSELF THAT WAY IF WE DO THE TEAM BREAK WE ALL GET 2 TEAMS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts