Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Twinsfest results thread--start at page 4!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Gates open at 4 on Friday. Many of us have traditionally met at Hubert's (sports bar across the street from the Dome) to plan stategy, have a drink and a burger, and shoot the breeze before braving the cold waiting outside before going in. Since it's opening an hour earlier, I don't know if that will help with meeting up. We'd have to meet around 2:30 to have time to eat. We could meet at 3, just to say hi and all, but getting in line outside is always a dilemma. (How long do I want to freeze to death waiting outside, when I'm comfortable right here in the bar? But I don't want to be too far back in the line, either!)

I'm only coming on Friday night this year. Would like to come for all days, of course, but that won't work out this year. I may bring my son (12) with, since he loves Twinsfest. Working on my want/need auto list, (I need more baseballs!) and getting my stuff together. If folks want to get together at Hubert's, I'm all for it, otherwise, we'll get there, wait in line and see what happens. What are your plans? Hope to meet up with a few of you--Alex, Craig, Bo, and many more!

*****Oh yeah******

Friday 8:15-9:00 Corner 5
Saturday 9:15-10:45 (that's AM, folks) Corner 5
No Sunday

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Re: Roll call for Twinsfest!

Its looking like I'm going to miss my 2nd straight year. If my one auction gets a good offer and I recieve payment by Friday, I'll do the best I can to meet up at Hubert's.

So for now, mark me down as a maybe

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008

I'm planning to attend on Friday and Sunday. I'll be at Hubert's for a late lunch at around 2:00 pm.

Alex

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN

Look for the fat ass and the Filipina on Friday and Saturday. Dragging my wife there (and my brother).

Josh Johnson jsy on both days. Can't miss me. I look like a combo of Homer Simpson / Drew Carey & Buh Buh Ray Dudley.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

55_marlins_sp said:
Look for the fat ass and the Filipina on Friday and Saturday. Dragging my wife there (and my brother).

Josh Johnson jsy on both days. Can't miss me. I look like a combo of Homer Simpson / Drew Carey & Buh Buh Ray Dudley.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will prob. see ya! :lol:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN

Greg Cleveland said:
So if I see you, what should I call you to introduce myself?

Dave would be a welcomed change instead of the four letter words from my co-workers ... :oops:

No, either Dave or Arch (last name Archer, been my nickname for as long as I can remember, since Dave is tough to say ... ) :D

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008

Hey Fellas, I will be there Friday (more than likely around 5 PM), for sure on Saturday and maybe on Sunday (forgot I get Twinsfest Tix for now being a season ticket holder so I might as well use them if I dont give them to someone at work).

My main objective is to get my Cuddy stuff signed, and get JJ Hardy, Thome now (I'm betting he will be there), Mijares, Liriano, Young, Rauch, Manship and a couple other guys I dont have 8x10s signed of.

Greg, I will look for you in the Morneau line to say hi.

I know Ray said he would show up if others did, so hopefully we run into him. How about Craig and Bo, havent heard a lick from them, would be nice to say hi and see how they are doing too.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008

AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
What HOFers are siging?

Carew, Molitor and Killebrew, and s/h/b HOFer Blyleven.
Then you have Mauer, Morneau, Mudcat Grant, Jim Perry, Tony Oliva, Jack Morris, along with just about every other roster player for the upcoming year (knock on wood Thome makes it) and some heroes of the past :)

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City

Wish I could be there as the Twins are my third favorite team. For events like this everyone going should have FCB t-shirts so everyone is easy to pick out and go and introduce themselves.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Re: Thome added to Twinsfest schedule!!!!

Friday 8:15-9:00 Corner 5
Saturday 9:15-10:45 (that's AM, folks) Corner 5
No Sunday

But Harmon Killebrew is out. Local news here reported he had gall bladder surgery. Harmon was scheduled to be in Eau Claire for a baseball banquet on Monday. They announced Harmon's surgery, and that Bert Blyleven will come instead. Best wishes to the Killer!

This will change plans a bit!

Twinsfan84

Aug 8, 2009
Re: Thome added to Twinsfest schedule!!!!

If anyone is going through the free prospect lines and could get an OMLB signed by Kyle Gibson for my collection I would definitely be willing to give adequate compensation. Please pm me if interested. To those who are attending, have a blast!

Members online

Latest posts