Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How is this BC Jesus Montero a BGS 10???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Guys, I was checking out new Montero autos and found this. How on earth is it pregraded a BGS 10? Look at the left to right off centering.

[ebay:8jp3mqf6]250574132000[/ebay:8jp3mqf6]

Allen

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
"Edited out"

Also doesn't guarantee the same grade it was given during a RCR. Combined with the possibility or replacing the card with a lesser copy, I would stay far, far away from RCR. If you think it will gem, just send it to BGS, don't even bother with RCR.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
looks pretty good to me, think the scan makes it seem off when its not. i dont know spit about grading though.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
justwar said:
looks pretty good to me, think the scan makes it seem off when its not. i dont know spit about grading though.

Oh, i see it now... not a 10

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
actually thats my card and as another poster suggested as being sliced open is wrong as I got this card graded at white plains a couple weeks ago and posted on here when I did.
Dan

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
chromerookies said:
actually thats my card and as another poster suggested as being sliced open is wrong as I got this card graded at white plains a couple weeks ago and posted on here when I did.
Dan

Sorry for causing any trouble to your auction bro. Not my intention. I took the scan and flipped a negative on it and it does appear that the left side looks bigger from the scan of the penny sleeve. So sorry bro.

Allen
- I like Jesus Montero autos

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
chromerookies said:
Dan

Thanks for informing us on the specifics of this card.

That being said, my advice to ANYONE is to NEVER buy an RCR card. The final grade is not guaranteed, and there are plenty of other unscrupulous sellers that will replace the pregraded cards with cards that were in a lesser condition.

One buyer a few years back paid through the nose for RCR 9.5s of both 1993 Jeter SPs and 1994 ARod SPs, only to have BGS inform the buyer that the cards had been replaced when they received the cards for slabbing. THOUSANDS of dollars were lost...I have no idea how it finally played out, but I know that Beckett was pretty quiet about it, worried that it might affect RCR submissions at future shows.

David

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
leatherman said:
chromerookies said:
Dan

Thanks for informing us on the specifics of this card.

That being said, my advice to ANYONE is to NEVER buy an RCR card. The final grade is not guaranteed, and there are plenty of other unscrupulous sellers that will replace the pregraded cards with cards that were in a lesser condition.

One buyer a few years back paid through the nose for RCR 9.5s of both 1993 Jeter SPs and 1994 ARod SPs, only to have BGS inform the buyer that the cards had been replaced when they received the cards for slabbing. THOUSANDS of dollars were lost...I have no idea how it finally played out, but I know that Beckett was pretty quiet about it, worried that it might affect RCR submissions at future shows.

David

Yea, that was where I was going. Now that I zoom in on the scan I see that it was just an allusion.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
leatherman said:

David

Im not sure if you are talking about the same case in New York. But when we where all on the BMB a Hockey collector got scammed this way as well. He traded away a Crosby/Ovechkin Cup Dual Logo (a card worth several thousand) for a bunch of these RCR BGS cards that had been sliced open and replaced with lesser condition ones.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I am guessing the Raw Card Review serial numbers are not the same as the BGS numbers. Because both of those cards not come back as those cards in the BGS Graded Card Lookup.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
G $MONEY$ said:
leatherman said:

David

Im not sure if you are talking about the same case in New York. But when we where all on the BMB a Hockey collector got scammed this way as well. He traded away a Crosby/Ovechkin Cup Dual Logo (a card worth several thousand) for a bunch of these RCR BGS cards that had been sliced open and replaced with lesser condition ones.

Here is the instance to which you are referring: http://www.thecollectorsgroup.com/forum ... php?t=9109

I do remember another example involving SP Jeters and Arods, which is probably what the story above is referring to when they post the (expired) link to beckett.com.

David

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Jurgy25 said:
Same guy has this one too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Bowman-Chrome- ... 3a5765a47d

Very surprising 9.5 grade with such poor centering.

I actually have about 18 RCR 9.5's including Blue Heywards and 3 montero's.All were graded at the past 2 White plains shows.I would like to get them slabbed but don't wanna pay an additional $10 for each one plus shiping after I already paid $10.50 for each Auto and $7.50 for each non-auto. Do I send them as if they weren't graded or do I get some type of discount because they are already graded?

PLMK,
Thanks,
Dan

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
chromerookies said:
I actually have about 18 RCR 9.5's including Blue Heywards and 3 montero's.All were graded at the past 2 White plains shows.I would like to get them slabbed but don't wanna pay an additional $10 for each one plus shiping after I already paid $10.50 for each Auto and $7.50 for each non-auto. Do I send them as if they weren't graded or do I get some type of discount because they are already graded?

PLMK,
Thanks,
Dan

Unfortunately, you get no discount. I would recommend sending them to Phil for the FCB sub, in the RCR holders. You can specify that you do not want them removed from the RCR holder unless they meet or exceed the grade on the RCR. It's the cheapest and fastest way to get them slabbed.

David

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
leatherman said:
chromerookies said:

PLMK,
Thanks,
Dan

Unfortunately, you get no discount. I would recommend sending them to Phil for the FCB sub, in the RCR holders. You can specify that you do not want them removed from the RCR holder unless they meet or exceed the grade on the RCR. It's the cheapest and fastest way to get them slabbed.

David

David,
Thank You for pointing that out to me. I will be doing that.
Dan

Members online

Latest posts