Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My IP Autograph MO Style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
So this past Tuesday, SteinerSports had an event that featured Mariano Rivera that included a 16x20 Autographed Photo, dinner, free booze, Professional Pictures with Mariano and an Interview Session. Well, I waited outside the restaurant and he was very nice enough to sign this ball for me. There were about 5 other people that waited outside and MO signed for them. He really supports his fan base.

103B1220.jpg

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome auto! And a question, did Mo sign this before or after the event? The auto looks like he was a little tipsy when he signed it, lol

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
yankees23657 said:
Awesome auto! And a question, did Mo sign this before or after the event? The auto looks like he was a little tipsy when he signed it, lol

:D I dont think he was drinking. It was afterwards. The CC Auto that I got in October, now that one was a tipsy auto...wanna see it?

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
jlvjr16 said:
yankees23657 said:

:D I dont think he was drinking. It was afterwards. The CC Auto that I got in October, now that one was a tipsy auto...wanna see it?

lol, i remember the CC, it was tough to make out but somewhat recognizable. But i think others would enjoy seeing it as it looks like a child scribbled with a crayon if i remember correctly :lol:

metrotheme

Dec 3, 2009
Wow, you had some good luck with that. I figured there would be no way he'd sign for free outside the event where people were paying over $500 for all the stuff you had described.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
vwnut13 said:
metrotheme said:
Wow, you had some good luck with that. I figured there would be no way he'd sign for free outside the event where people were paying over $500 for all the stuff you had described.

Who knows if he even payed to get in ;)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68174&p=900513&hilit=

lol...haha...I actually waited outside...this time.....any New Yorkers want some information on how to obtain free autographs. In the past, I thought it would be hard, but it is not.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
you definately are the craziest autograph hound on this site

Thanks I take that as a compliment....but really, I have never been to a players acutal place of living. I know where Jeter, AROD and Matsui live. I have heard the information based on the other autograph hounders. But for me to stalk them even to there place where they live....that's uncalled for..... I just do where they are announced where they are supposed to be. For example, Bernie Williams was at the Bronx on Friday....I missed him by five minutes..as I just left work...I said oh well,...let me try Yankee Stadium...didnt see him here so I went home...

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:

It's not like there's anything crazy about what he's doing. This kind of stuff is pretty standard for graphers.

BTW, nice success. I know a few guys who are big dealers from NYC and the guys they get on a daily basis are ridiculous. A-List stars, athletes, politicians, pretty much anyone you could possibly want. So many great opportunities in NYC, I wish I lived there just for the graphing (or at least could visit often).

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
andyduke86 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

It's not like there's anything crazy about what he's doing. This kind of stuff is pretty standard for graphers.

BTW, nice success. I know a few guys who are big dealers from NYC and the guys they get on a daily basis are ridiculous. A-List stars, athletes, politicians, pretty much anyone you could possibly want. So many great opportunities in NYC, I wish I lived there just for the graphing (or at least could visit often).

Thanks...New York is the place you really want to be....lots of stars......but I limit myself to Baseball players only...I wish I can do football, basketball and others...Baseball is my passion...I see the other autograph hounders usually, and I tell them...I will stay away from your football and basketball autographs....I just love baseball...

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
andyduke86 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

i know if i was local i would probably want to do the same things he does

although i think he was the one who chased down a car mark teixeira was driving in with a baseball and pen :lol:

i am attending the university of tampa currently and I am 10 minutes away from yankees spring training, I'm sure I will try to get some nice auto's during practices, games.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
andyduke86 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

although i think he was the one who chased down a car mark teixeira was driving in with a baseball and pen :lol:

i am attending the university of tampa currently and I am 10 minutes away from yankees spring training, I'm sure I will try to get some nice auto's during practices, games.

Tampa is the best place for baseball autographs in the Spring, so many teams within easy driving distance. My advice would be to spend as much time as possible at the fields before games start during workouts in February and early March- smaller crowds and better chances of getting more autographs. You can still do well after games start but if you're just getting sigs inside at the games, you're not using your time wisely. Also get there really early, like 7am. If you're trying to get Yankees though, be prepared for huge crowds, terrible security, and very very few autographs.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
andyduke86 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
andyduke86 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

Tampa is the best place for baseball autographs in the Spring, so many teams within easy driving distance. My advice would be to spend as much time as possible at the fields before games start during workouts in February and early March- smaller crowds and better chances of getting more autographs. You can still do well after games start but if you're just getting sigs inside at the games, you're not using your time wisely. Also get there really early, like 7am. If you're trying to get Yankees though, be prepared for huge crowds, terrible security, and very very few autographs.

i dont have a car down here so I would really only be able to go to the yankees training

in the past I have came down here to spring training but never got any good autos except for reggie jackson jesus montero and one or two other decent players

really want to get a couple good ones this spring, jeter, a-rod, rivera, cc, pettitte, teixeira, posada

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
andyduke86 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
andyduke86 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

Yes...you have to be there really early....What have you gotten in autograph hunting in Tampa?? lol...I would love to hear your stories... ;)

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
andyduke86 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

lol...hey Mark was not driving...Mark had a driver driving him and Scott Boras was in the passenger seat (the time when Mark just signed with the Yanks).........The SUV was stuck in traffic and I told the passenger seat person to roll down his window...it was Scott Broas.....he took my baseball...Thank you so much......Scott...and passed it back to Mark...wala....I had a Tex...auto..

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
do either of you too go to yankees spring training and get auto's? i would love for some help from experts :)

I don't go to ST too often but when I do I sure as hell don't waste my time doing the Yankees down there. Basically to get anyone decent on the Yankees there you just have to get lucky. Definitely not worth the hassle and opportunity cost of not racking all of the other teams. Do the other teams, you'll do many many times better. I don't really have any particularly great stories other than just the standard of getting a player coming into the facility in the morning or on the fields. I did get CC when he was with the Indians at one of the backfields right after pfp and got Sizemore by sneaking into the premium section of seats where he was signing (they actually had staff guarding them but I'm sneaky). He gave me a dirty look when I asked for ss but he did it. I know plenty of people that live down there that are serious graphers so I know a fair amount of info about what goes on down there, even the places I haven't been.

Like I said, for the Yanks (or anyone really) your best bet is to go there early once workouts begin or go back in the afternoon when players are leaving. Trust me, you won't be alone. Jeter and probably others live in Tampa so there's a chance you could even get him now if he's working out there, I don't know.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
andyduke86 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
do either of you too go to yankees spring training and get auto's? i would love for some help from experts :)

I don't go to ST too often but when I do I sure as hell don't waste my time doing the Yankees down there. Basically to get anyone decent on the Yankees there you just have to get lucky. Definitely not worth the hassle and opportunity cost of not racking all of the other teams. Do the other teams, you'll do many many times better. I don't really have any particularly great stories other than just the standard of getting a player coming into the facility in the morning or on the fields. I did get CC when he was with the Indians at one of the backfields right after pfp and got Sizemore by sneaking into the premium section of seats where he was signing (they actually had staff guarding them but I'm sneaky). He gave me a dirty look when I asked for ss but he did it. I know plenty of people that live down there that are serious graphers so I know a fair amount of info about what goes on down there, even the places I haven't been.

Like I said, for the Yanks (or anyone really) your best bet is to go there early once workouts begin or go back in the afternoon when players are leaving. Trust me, you won't be alone. Jeter and probably others live in Tampa so there's a chance you could even get him now if he's working out there, I don't know.

i think i will try to go to some practices later this month. m/w/f i dont have class until 2:30 so I have time to hang out and watch them and atleast try to get some nice auto's. whats the worst that can happen? it would cost me $1.75 to get half way there by bus then I can walk 25-30 min or take another bus the other half of the way. I would definately pay $3.50-7 to even watch the practices and just have a chance at some nice auto's

Members online

Latest posts