Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game Used Items...

...Whats your most coveted item for your player?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
If you could have one full game used item from your player, what is your choice?
And why that item if you care to share.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I would probably want aybar's fielding glove. After that a game used jersey.

My favorite thing (i used to collect) are game used bats. Each one is different and they all have alot of character.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I know it's not game-used, but: Well, I'm a team collector, so I have many men (that came out wrong). I would really enjoy having a jersey I lost out on, a few years ago. It was back when Ubaldo Jimenez was still a prospect in the minors. Two team-issued home jerseys #41, and one pair of team-issued pants, tagged #41 were up. I missed out on both jerseys, but won the pants. To this day, I am still looking to complete my uniform of the then prospect (now star): Ubaldo Jimenez.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I think a glove would be more unique. I'd love to find a JJ GU glove ...

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
It would have to be Denker's glove but a close second is the batting helmet he wore with the SF Giants with his name on the back.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I would go with a game used fielding glove:
146.jpg
But why choose one item when you can have them all :D

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Seiya said:
A jersey would look great signed and hung up in the garage or a sports room.

Nah...during the summer here it gets over 100 degrees outside. My garage is maybe a few degrees cooler. I like jersey's but they take up way too much room and with an item like that...you really need to have the space. Even a nice sized sports room would be full after a while if you had very many of them. And its certainly something you want to be able to display.

For Bags...I'd like a game used bat. Cheap to store, doesn't take up much space, and would look good next to the rest of my bats.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
I'm trying to buy a Rangers Rafael Palmeiro game used jersey from this guy. I would love to have it signed and displayed. Right now I chose other. My prized piece is a sealed, signed and inscribed bottle of champagne that was given to Raffy's teammates, coaches and clubhouse personel the night he collected his 3000th hit. I'd easily say less than 100 originally existed. How many are still sealed? Who knows. But I know I own one. Bought it, and two pair of Raffy game used batting gloves, directly from a guy who was the batboy for the O's in 2005.

Zambrano38 said:
But why choose one item when you can have them all :D

My thoughts exactly

Not pictured is Game Used Ball Mac tossed to me after the final out in one of the early innings in a game against the yankees in July of 1997.

Here is the Game Used Stuff.

Bats - 98 unsigned (soon to be after spring training / fingers crossed) 96 autographed, 2000 Auto'd, 90' auto'd
Circa 95' signed & sweat soaked/ game used hat, game used Lineup Card from the last game he played in while sitting on 62 HR's. A signed Gu Batting Glove and a 1998 Game Issued Jersey
GAMERS.jpg

mcgwire96GUBat015-1.jpg

pics004-1.jpg

o001-1.jpg

98.jpg

Guhat.jpg

glove.jpg

mcgwire018.jpg

These i got recently - They are still in the mail , but here are the auction pics. Signed , Game Used and Dated. He hit Career HR # 272 in while using these cleats. They are dated 9/20/95

Getty Images had a picture from the game of McGwire wearing the cleats after crossing Homeplate after hitting the HR.

cleats.jpg

cleats2.jpg

Mcgwire.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I would love to have a bat no doubt. Still down own any game used Puckett memorbilia but I'd want a game used bat over anything else. Sure a jersey, hat, or glove would be awesome, but to be able to grip the the same handle of a bat that your favorite player has would be more then words.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I have multiple bats and jerseys, but seeing as how Rowand is mostly known for running into walls, a glove would be amazing to get.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Mine would be a game-used hat worn by Dick Porter, of the Cleveland Indians 1929-1934, Red Sox 1934. Porter used to shoot a hole in his hat with a .22 after each home run so it would make a great conversation piece.

I already have a game-used bat of his from that era, but a hat would lock it up.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
I have two GU bats, one GU lineup card, and one pair of GU/Auto batting gloves. If I could only keep one, it would be this bat (the cornerstone of my overall collection):

1_full.jpg

2_name_plate.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I put other since I'd much rather have my game used shin guard / wristbands over other GU items....why? Mainly because they are much more rare than a jersey or bat.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Fandruw25 said:
I put other since I'd much rather have my game used shin guard / wristbands over other GU items....why? Mainly because they are much more rare than a jersey or bat.

My Beltran gu shin guard is my favorite item in my collection, it displays well too.

Members online

Latest posts