Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OK Same ole song and dance, I need you slabheads to help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
After an IM session with a fellow boardie the other night about cards and prices of cards, I have been updating an inventory list with perceived values of my cards in my collection. The one card I need help in pricing is my slabbed Zimmerman 05 BCDP gold refractor BGS 9.5. I went and looked at the total number of graded copies of the Zimmerman gold refractor auto and there have been 19 copies graded in total with 8 at a BGS 9 level and 8 at BGS 9.5. There were two at 8.5 and 1 at 8 I think.

I know a "book" value on this card in raw condition still states it is 800. What kind of multiplier can I expect to put on it in the slabbed condition? I haven't ever really been into graded cards and this was bought for me at what I consider a steal at 400 as the guy needed cash bad and was dumping his collection.

Any thoughts?

Brian

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
JoshHamilton said:
He sucks. So do you.

-Brad Hand

Hell yeah! You should have seen the size of the cow in my parking lot tonight! You would appreciate it being a longhorn and all.

I have to wonder

Who would win the Triple A championship? My favorite college baseball team, or your favorite major league baseball team?

O
Snap. :lol:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
In my opinion $400 is an absolute steal but i would say fair market value is probably $500-$600. I could easily be a six figure card though.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
JoshHamilton said:
blanning71 said:
JoshHamilton said:
He sucks. So do you.

-Brad Hand

Hell yeah! You should have seen the size of the cow in my parking lot tonight! You would appreciate it being a longhorn and all.

I have to wonder

Who would win the Triple A championship? My favorite college baseball team, or your favorite major league baseball team?

O
Snap. :lol:
Well I am sure that many college teams could beat the yankees, especially if the Yanks are on a big headed power trip and all the guys aren't playing like a team.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
moxacaine said:
In my opinion $400 is an absolute steal but i would say fair market value is probably $500-$600. I could easily be a six figure card though.
I recently saw where a Non graded Zimmy gold sold in October for 374. Interesting take.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
blanning71 said:
moxacaine said:
In my opinion $400 is an absolute steal but i would say fair market value is probably $500-$600. It could easily be a six figure card though.
I recently saw where a Non graded Zimmy gold sold in October for 374. Interesting take.

I was shocked this past season with how much his cards dropped in price.

Oh and on a side note my Dicks Sporting Goods has Nats replica jerseys on sale for $50 and they have a Zim. I didnt know if you needed one or not.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
moxacaine said:
blanning71 said:
moxacaine said:
In my opinion $400 is an absolute steal but i would say fair market value is probably $500-$600. It could easily be a six figure card though.

I was shocked this past season with how much his cards dropped in price.

Oh and on a side note my Dicks Sporting Goods has Nats replica jerseys on sale for $50 and they have a Zim. I didnt know if you needed one or not.

DAMN! Thats awesome dude. I have always wanted a Zimmy Nats jersey. They don't sell them down in these parts.

Members online

Latest posts