Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Newbie question re: "true" rcs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schlongky

Jan 2, 2009
I've been in and out of collecting the last couple of years, more out than in the last couple. It seems to be a developing theme of Bowman (I kind of fancied myself as a chromie at one point) to include people in multiple products lately. For instance I was looking at Jason Knapp and he has an '08 Sterling auto, '09 chrome auto and '09 draft auto. Would you say it's safe to say that most collectors would view the chrome auto as the most desirable of the three? Technically wouldn't the '08 sterling be considered the "RC"? Is the sticker the reason for the lower prices?

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Chrome, in the eyes of most collectors, is king. Take, for example, Jason Heyward. He had autos in 2007 Sterling and 2007 Elite. However, his chrome autos outsell both of these. Another example is Josh Vitters. Same scenario, same result. I'd be willing to bet that Knapp's Chrome auto outsells the sterling in question. Hope this helps.

Ant

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
schlongky said:
I've been in and out of collecting the last couple of years, more out than in the last couple. It seems to be a developing theme of Bowman (I kind of fancied myself as a chromie at one point) to include people in multiple products lately. For instance I was looking at Jason Knapp and he has an '08 Sterling auto, '09 chrome auto and '09 draft auto. Would you say it's safe to say that most collectors would view the chrome auto as the most desirable of the three? Technically wouldn't the '08 sterling be considered the "RC"? Is the sticker the reason for the lower prices?

Basically, there's no such thing as a TRUE RC anymore. The RC rule messed everything up, and people just want the first AUTO'd card of a player with some MLB logo somewhere on the card.

They will accept non-MLB logo cards if its from a product they're familiar with like UD USA or ELITE Extra Edition, stuff like that.

Welcome back!

Members online

Latest posts