Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about 99 Finest Refractors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
I have 2 of the "Compliments" Piazza/IRod cards. 1 of them is refractive on the Piazza side, and 1 of them is refractive on the IRod side.

These are the 2 listed cards in my checklist.
1999 Finest Complements C1 M.Piazza/I.Rodriguez
1999 Finest Complements Dual Refractors C1 M.Piazza/I.Rodriguez

Are these 2 different versions of the "dual" refractors, or, are the regular "Compliments" cards refractive on 1 side? Thanks for any help you can provide.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Resident Piazza Fan said:
I have 2 of the "Compliments" Piazza/IRod cards. 1 of them is refractive on the Piazza side, and 1 of them is refractive on the IRod side.

Are these 2 different versions of the "dual" refractors, or, are the regular "Compliments" cards refractive on 1 side? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I believe there are technically 3 versions, 2 with either of the players as refractors and one with both sides as refractors. I'm guessing Beckett lumps the first 2 into the same pricing.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
JVC said:

I believe there are technically 3 versions, 2 with either of the players as refractors and one with both sides as refractors. I'm guessing Beckett lumps the first 2 into the same pricing.

So that would make this card:
refractive on 1 side, with 2 different versions, so I have both of them, and just need the "dual" refractor.

Thanks.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I used to own 3 of the same duo of one of those, don't remember the players though.

They were all three the same with the right side refractor and the left side plain. I always wondered if there were variations of them.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Each card has three variations as follows: 1) Non-Refractor/Refractor, 2) Refractor/Non-Refractor, and 3) Refractor/Refractor.
Example pictures below in no particular order.

w_1999--finest--complements--dual--ref.jpg

w_1999--finest--complements--mcgwire--ref.jpg

w_1999--finest--complements--thomas--ref.jpg

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
JVC said:
[quote="Resident Piazza Fan":2k0q8ysw]I have 2 of the "Compliments" Piazza/IRod cards. 1 of them is refractive on the Piazza side, and 1 of them is refractive on the IRod side.

So that would make this card:
refractive on 1 side, with 2 different versions, so I have both of them, and just need the "dual" refractor.

Thanks.[/quote:2k0q8ysw]

I actually pulled the dual refractor you're looking for but it was damaged out of the pack.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
docdw25 said:
Each card has three variations as follows: 1) Non-Refractor/Refractor, 2) Refractor/Non-Refractor, and 3) Refractor/Refractor.
Example pictures below in no particular order.

w_1999--finest--complements--dual--ref.jpg

w_1999--finest--complements--mcgwire--ref.jpg

w_1999--finest--complements--thomas--ref.jpg

Post thanked. The top pic is the one I need now. Along with alot of other 99 Finest Piazzas.

Docdw, how bad is the damage?

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Damage was bad. The back of the card is peeled back. Front doesn't look too bad but when you flip it over it looks terrible. On the I-Rod side it looks like someone tried to peel the card apart from the side.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
docdw25 said:
Damage was bad. The back of the card is peeled back. Front doesn't look too bad but when you flip it over it looks terrible. On the I-Rod side it looks like someone tried to peel the card apart from the side.

Well, that's one taken off the print run, lol. :(

Members online

Latest posts