Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper Red Refractor BGS 10 Listed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Needs more hype and he only used 3 different colors for the details.

If only . . . if only he had done more!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
"Buy it now gets free shipping" . . . so someone just drop 20K on it and its a done deal. Yikes. Seems high to me, but this stuff is fetching crazy prices, so who knows.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
lol at the free-shipping offer. for 20k i'd want it delivered to my door for free by a naked christina hendricks

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Just set it up as an auction with the starting price of 5k or something like that.

My question is, why doesn't BGS grades have a premium? Raws seems to be drawing a premium, and with all the flipping, I would rather my card be in a BGS case

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
TBTwinsFan said:
Just set it up as an auction with the starting price of 5k or something like that.

My question is, why doesn't BGS grades have a premium? Raws seems to be drawing a premium, and with all the flipping, I would rather my card be in a BGS case

obviously it helps, but no where near as much as this guy thinks.

Rare cards like that are nice to have graded, but with an already hefty price tag there is only so far it can go.

Harper doesn't have the top end hype that Strasburg has.

Willclarkfan22

Mar 30, 2010
Los Angeles
cgilmo said:
TBTwinsFan said:

obviously it helps, but no where near as much as this guy thinks.

Rare cards like that are nice to have graded, but with an already hefty price tag there is only so far it can go.

Harper doesn't have the top end hype that Strasburg has.

Agreed!!!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Umm your friend does realize there most likely will be an autograph in either chrome or draft rendering this card somewhat moot as opposed to its value now correct? BGS 10 or not he is killing his chances of moving it with that RIDICULOUS price tag. So unless his point is to have people look and laugh it may be time to reconsider a few things with that auction.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
nyc3 said:
Umm your friend does realize there most likely will be an autograph in either chrome or draft rendering this card somewhat moot as opposed to its value now correct? BGS 10 or not he is killing his chances of moving it with that RIDICULOUS price tag. So unless his point is to have people look and laugh it may be time to reconsider a few things with that auction.

Won't be in either

we know he won't have a USA auto card from topps

And he can't have a bowman card in a nats jersey until he is a nat. 2011 Bowman, that's where I look for Harper.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
cgilmo said:
Won't be in either

we know he won't have a USA auto card from topps

And he can't have a bowman card in a nats jersey until he is a nat. 2011 Bowman, that's where I look for Harper.

I stand corrected, we have a year before the value plummets. You think they will put more base of him in chrome and draft?

Members online

Latest posts